Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RobsterCraw said:
What a douche.

Even if there really was a big hole he's the one that rolled into it. HE ought to be shot for being stupid. That is such a frivolous law suit. Doesn't anybody take responsibility for their own stupidity any more?
it just burns me. you ride you bike as soon as you sit your fat bottom down on that bike seat and your feet hit the pedals you should be taking responsibility for what you do. you should know how to control your bike and know your limits in the first place.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I say, if any Judge actually finds weight in his case and grants him the win, they need to be shot too! That is just too much!

Does this idiot sue the gay bars he goes to, because gay men hit on him? Or does he sue the gay bars because they "forced" him out of his own control to accept gay offers?

·
Registered
643 Posts
has anyone emailed the guy...i kinda want to just email him and say that if he takes the risk of riding a bycicle then he has to take the rink of everyhting that comes with riding.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"suddenly and without warning his bicycle came to an abrupt stop"

this usualy happens while riding your front break down a hill. :rolleyes:

"He wants $1,150,000 in damages for expenses and lost income as a result of a fractured vertebra he says he suffered, while his co-plaintiff " his wife, Ashley, who wasn't biking "sustained a loss of guidance, care and companionship" she might reasonably have expected if he hadn't run into said hole."

they only have his word he suffered a fractured verebra never said he had x rays as proof..

and that last part welll geee :rolleyes: if he Suffered a fractured vertabra his wife probly got sick of him and left him. or using your imagination he couldn't do anything with his wife. :rolleyes:

hope he doesn't win.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trevor! said:
It sucks but I don't get the thread title either. That equally sucks. Not all lawyers are bad.
i agree not all lawyers are bad . i don't get the title ither. i guess i shouldn't post when im not fully awake.

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
here's a copy of the e-mail that I sent to this scoundrel of a dork. I hope it makes some positive impact on his thinking and attitude, but I am afraid it's too late... anyway, here it is:

Good day, Mr Leone.

My name is Sean O'Neil. I am a 44-year-old man who lives in Missoula, Montana, USA. I am a lawyer like yourself. I am a member of and admitted to practice before all federal US courts, as well as the State tribunals of Montana, Maryland and New Jersey. I specialize in product liability, insurance, personal injury and corporate law. I am also a sole businessman, operating my own corporation that builds custom steel bicycle frames. And most assuredly, I am a mountain athlete. I ride MTBs as well as skis in the mountains. I hike, backpack, and fish for trout on the fly. I believe strongly in the natural world and believe that it is an ESSENTIAL counterbalance to a city life.

I understand that you have decided to litigate the matter of your injuries sustained while riding a MTB.

I am asking you, sir, as a kindred spirit in law and in the world of cycling and mountain sports, to PLEASE reconsider your lawsuit.

PLEASE.

Canada presently is thankfully free of the litigious and COSTLY "blame others first" attitude that pervades America. One of the things I have long enjoyed and admired about Canadians is the fact that Canada seems to have a much better sense, culturally, of where personal responsibility lies. This is reflected in Canada's sensible attitude toward marijuana, toward health care, and toward liability.

I travel frequently to British Columbia to ride my MTBs. I enjoy riding in Fernie and Nelson. And, I am registered for and intend to compete in the 2005 Squamish, BC Test of Metal race.

In true fact, I often think of repatriating in Canada.

But if your lawsuit indicates how Canada SHOULD view the issue of personal responsibility for athletic mountain activities, I think I'd prefer to stay in the horrendous world of Bush Co., the USA.

I have sustained many injuries on my MTB. Let me tick them off for you: fractured vertebrae, fractured scapula, broken fingers, dislocated fingers, many cuts requiring sutures, detached clavicle at SC joint, and frequent ankle sprains. I cannot for a moment fathom the notion of holding another liable for injuries which I CHOSE TO RISK by being a mtb rider.

Mr Leone, I want to suggest that you are letting greed -- and money specifically -- cloud your judgment. Search your heart of hearts. Ask yourself, do you really think the injuries are ANYONE ELSE's fault? Sincerely?

Please, Mr Leone. Rethink your lawsuit. It can't possibly be another person's fault that you fell and were injured. NOBODY made you choose to be a mtb rider, and NOBODY made you ride the trails that you say injured you. YOU were injured because YOU decided to ride trails. YOU. It was YOUR fault. YOUR FAULT.

PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR LAWSUIT.

Sincerely,

/s/ Sean O'Neil

Sean O'Neil
2121 Burlington
Missoula MT 59801 USA

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
gonzostrike said:
here's a copy of the e-mail that I sent to this scoundrel of a dork. I hope it makes some positive impact on his thinking and attitude, but I am afraid it's too late... anyway, here it is:
u shouldve said that holes in the ground are common on trails and should be expected and prepared for like other obstacles

this guy is obviously a money hungry noob who thinks trails should be smooth and bump-free

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Stophovr6 said:
\

Oh I emailed the bastard right away..... I wasnt very nice, but i think the way i phrased it will keep me from getting sued.
EMOTIONAL DISTRESS!!!! ur gettin sued buddy ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Actually, he is probably going to force another issue

NRTH SHORE said:
this guy should be shot. he probly went and dug the hole him slef. ither that or he was staring at his front tire and not looking ahead. now my day is runined :mad:

http://www.nsmb.com/shore_news/beardwinter_04_05.php
I can just see that every bike rider in Canada will eventually have to pass a skills course and be licensed at various levels before they can ride or purchase a bike.

Level 1 - driveway only
level 2 - sidewalk on your own block only
level 3 - can cross the street
level 4 - huck curbs
level 5 - only well maintained bike paths at the park during daylight hours
level 6 - as above but at nite with 7000 watt halogen lite
level 7 - ditto but can use a 100 watt light
level 8 - no training wheels
and etc. about level 387 they can ride over grass. Can't have the citizens get in over their head. And don't get me started on having to purchase liability insurance for your bike just to ride it. And the mandatory airbags and other restraints.

See, the article proves you don't have to have much grey matter to graduate from law school and be a successful lawyer.

:D :D :D :D :D

Rick

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Stophovr6 said:
BRING IT ON!!!

I GOT THE EVIL MONKEY ON MY SIDE!!! MUAHAHAHAH!!!
:eek: my new avatar! thx ;)

edit: can someone make me one thats good quality :eek: :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.