Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in Sept. 2004 I got my Vulture and since then it has been a great bike. It's been through a bunch of different parts hanging from it over the years and has mainly seen single speed duty since day one. Last fall I got a bit burned out and thought a new bike would solve my problems and after some looking I decided to re-vamp the Vulture. In it's previous life it had a sweet chameleon paint job but over the years had become pretty scratched up.

The frame has a EBB as well as a derailleur hanger so it can run geared or SS. I wanted to have the cable stops removed and just cable guide installed for hydro brakes and if ever the need full length housing. It also only had one set on water bottle mounts and I had Wade add another set on the seat tube. And after all the work to the frame I had Wade put a new powdercoat finish in Pearl White.

FedEx showed up at work today and surprise....my frame had returned. It was like Christmas all over again. It really turned out much better than I expected. Wade even put on one of his new stainless headbadges :D . It was already starting to get dark when I got home so here are some so-so photos. They can't do the sparkly Pearl White finish justice, but it will have to do for now.

After snapping a couple of photos, in the stand it went. Seatpost, saddle, headset, fork, stem and bars slapped on. It's nearly dark, throw on the wheels and snap a couple more photos and that's it for tonight..............As you can see this is a black and white build, kinda out of the ordinary for me, but hey, wanted it to look clean.

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finished the build this afternoon. Still need to get it setup tubeless, just threw in some tubes to take it around the block. Here's a couple more photos, not too bad for being about dark outside. If the sun comes out tomorrow I'll try to get some nice ones.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The white grips and white bash guard are awesome touches. So I gotta ask, why no white rims, and why no white pedals? You just know it would look bad ass with white rims and white pedals. It would balance that black + white combo that's going on throughout the rest of the bike. It sort of has this pattern of White touches Black touches White on a lot of areas, like White frame meets Black Post meets White Seat. I dig that a lot, overall it's still pretty sweet, but white rims/pedals would really solidify the color scheme in my view. Maybe even a white stem too, the Thomson is just blending in with the handlebars too much, looks boring there. Anyway, enough critique - Nice ride!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Looks awesome, dont put White Rims or White Pedals on her, she looks hawt as she is......

Enjoy the new machine..

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Whafe said:
Looks awesome, dont put White Rims or White Pedals on her, she looks hawt as she is......

Enjoy the new machine..
Don't worry, no white rims or pedals. I wanted mainly black parts to go along with the white frame and was worried that I already had too many other white parts.

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,486 Posts
Looks nice, I'll come and take a closer look in a couple of weeks as I'm in town.

Is it a Spinergy wheelset or just rims as the hubs look very I9esque?

Just don't get any prolink gold chain lube near that bash guard, I had the same one and it lasted about a month before falling apart.

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
6thElement said:
Looks nice, I'll come and take a closer look in a couple of weeks as I'm in town.

Is it a Spinergy wheelset or just rims as the hubs look very I9esque?

Just don't get any prolink gold chain lube near that bash guard, I had the same one and it lasted about a month before falling apart.
Complete Spinergy wheelset and no prolink

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
6thElement said:
Your thoughts on the wheels after hopes, i9's etc?
I'll let you know after I get some time on them. So far I've only been about a block away from the house and back. If it don't quit raining I may never get to try them :madmax:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.