Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the new (october '04) issue of 26 on page 70 they show Vuelta's top of the line wheels. I was partly interested, mainly from the impression I got from all the posts about the Vuelta mag brakes around here. I can't hardly beleive it, but the weights for these things are 1270 grams front, 1477 rear?? Can that be right. The article says they come aftermarket with tires ( :confused: ) for $599, but the wieghts are w/o tires. The weights would be consistent with tires compared to other high end wheels...

·
6x7=Dont Panic!
2,014 Posts
Vuelta does make heavy products. Those weights must be close if not exact. The only thing they made that was light were the brakes (mag version) but those never really hit the markets. Just a few people got ahold of some sets as far as i know. They do make some cool single spoked mag wheels that I would like to try, but those are also wuite heavy and $$$. I know they made an alu v brake as well, but that thing was like 400g+ a set. So those wheels you saw are probably heavy.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's crazy. I sure you could buy a 2700gram wheelset for a lot less than $600... You could probably get a insanely strong DH wheelset for less weight than that (I don't know, just guessing)..

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
The IIIs are not on Vuelta usa's current web site. None of the '04 wheelsets have a claimed weight more than 2100-something grams and that is a freeride/DH wheel. Something is screwy and I bet it is the magazine. That staff has never been the sharpest pencil in the press pool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.