Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VUELTA USA MOUNTAIN BIKE WHEELSET anyone here has these rims on thier mountain bike ? are they a good brand of wheels for a mt. bike ? im thinking of getting a new pair of wheel set. thanks in advance.
here's the spec:

XRP Vision-200
Size: 26" X 27MM
Material 6061 T6 Aluminum
Type: Double Wall
Finish (Color) Matte Black with Safety Line
Braking Surface: CNC Machined Sides
Material/Type: Stainless Bladed 4.5MM Black
Count: Front: 24 Rear: 24
Lacing: 2 Left 2 Right
Nipple: Brass CP Finish
Compatibility: 8 / 9 Speed
Type: Cassette
Shell Material 6061 T6 Aluminum
Shell Finish Matte Black
Bearing: Double seal Ball Bearing
Axle Material: Cro Moly Steel
Axle Type: Q/R With Alloy Skewer
Weight 2,050 Gm Pair

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hopefully there's some folks with more specific knowledge about these wheels than myself, but my only experience from Vuelta was a pair of Grimeca disk brakes (owned by Vuelta) which are a lot like the older shimano XT brakes. I found the quality of those to be below my expectations as they didn't work very well and seemed of very low quality.

I would personally shy away from these wheels unless you find some folks that can specically vouch for them. Vuelta hasn't made me a fan, and there are a lot of other good alternatives... Besides, I'm not sure that I'd trust any company that makes mountain bike wheels like the one below that I found on their website (www.vueltausa.com, then go to products, grimeca, mag wheels)

Hopefully that helps....

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
hey, I used a set of vuelta XC disc specific wheels in RED. Nice looking wheelset, but pretty heavy. I used them for a while and they stayed in true, but then I upgraded to a lighter set of wheels. If you can get them for around $100 US like I did ( on ebay) its a good deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.