Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped OLN a note to say how excited I was with Vuelta coming up and with Tyler winning the Gold and now riding the Vuelta it should be bigger and better than ever veiwing for them. This is after I found out that they are only going to have a 1 hour wrap up show this year.

If you feel like me, please let them know at http://ww2.olntv.com/feedback.asp

I am crushed. My morning training (treadmill and trainer) is usually at 5:30am in front of the tv and the tours are my favorite times of the year.

Free the Vuelta!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yup! I was just discussing this with a friend last weekend who informed me that they are going to show American Shooter re-runs instead. Not sure if that's really the case, but it wouldn't surprise me too much..... :rolleyes:

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
I sent this:

I'm not sure why you have decided to condense coverage of the Vuelta d'Espana this year. Your coverage of the TDF was World Class. I just can't see watching the good old boys hunting and fishing; they do that all year around; over and over and over and over.

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
Suelta la Vuelta!

Yep, when it comes to cycling, OLN stands for "Only Lance Network". No Lance Armstrong, no coverage....

But at least we get Le Tour De Lance - it could be worse.

(Nothing worse than watching bass fishing though :mad: )

·
Banned
340 Posts
This was discussed earlier

Here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=38871

I recently read (but now I can't find the link) an interview or an excerpt with the programming head of OLN. The short answer is this - covering the Vuelta de España costs more money than OLN can bring in with advertisers. Apparently, bass fishing is a much easier sell than skinny guys on bikes.

FWIW,
Dr.F.

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
Well, Friends, this is a reality check.

For as big as cycling is to people like us it just isn't as appealing as fishin'. Numbers don't lie. I hope that this can change in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts