Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
own154 said:
What size rear shock does the 2004 18.5 vt2 use? I am going to get a back up shock and found a good deal on a swinger 4 way.
Just measure your existing one from eye to eye.

It should be 7.5" X 2" as most Giants. Just doublecheck first. Make sure you get the proper hardware too if you're installing a different brand shock.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about a 7 7/8

Thanks for the answer. I measured it and it was 7.5x2. I am looking at different shocks for a back up. I found a swinger 4 way that is a 7.5x2. I also found a 5th coil that is 7 7/8x2. Do you think the eye2eye difference would be a problem? What do you think of a 5th coil on a vt2?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
own154 said:
Thanks for the answer. I measured it and it was 7.5x2. I am looking at different shocks for a back up. I found a swinger 4 way that is a 7.5x2. I also found a 5th coil that is 7 7/8x2. Do you think the eye2eye difference would be a problem? What do you think of a 5th coil on a vt2?
Stick to 7.5 or you'll end up with a geometry mess.

The 5th would add some weight but it'd be very cool. It'll need different hardware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.