Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to Burlington later this month for 4 days, what are the chances of some open trails by then? What's my best source for monitoring trail status?

If trails are not an option, any recommendations for dirt road riding in the area?

Otherwise, I'll just bring the road bike.....

·
Registered
283 Posts
The Fellowship of the Wheel posts trail status for the networks they maintain in the Chittenden County area (Burlington and beyond).

That being said, we had an epic amount of late season snow and things are a bit messy. If it stays warm and dry over the next few weeks, a few of the better draining networks might be rideable. Sunny Hollow in Colchester, VT is usually the best bet.

Fellowship of the Wheel

Edit: I see their new website doesn't list trail status, I assume they will be adding that soon.

Fastest way to get info about the trails is to email Andy from the website or here is a link to the Fellowship's BookFace page: https://www.facebook.com/fellowshipofthewheel

·
Registered
115 Posts
I live in the Burlington area and this has been a long cold winter with a bunch of late season snow so doubt the woods will be ready to go much before May. Some of the drier areas will be ready before that but the hollows will hold ice and mud for a while.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice-- Can you put that on the "Any Dry Places in NH" thread (or what ever the title is). I hear that besides the exploding cats, riding in the mud actually increases tick breeding. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts