Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

over a few shuttle days I had a chance to play with the DHX setup and i found that turning the bottom out dial right in gave me best response on big drops and steps, but I lost a lot of the small bump response.

Any tips of how this shock behaves best with the VPF??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Lower your boost valve pressure?

After you turned the bottom out dial in, did you lower your boost valve pressure accordingly? I believe the bottom out dial decreases the volume of the air chamber which increases the air pressure in it. Remember Boyle's Law? ;) The pressure in the boost valve controls compression damping. So you may have increased your compression damping which would give you crappy small bump response.

Don

·
Lord of the Chainrings
2,925 Posts
VPF/DHX Tuning chart?

Anyone have a link to a Fox DHX tuning chart for the VP-Free?
I need to know all the details including: spring rates, air pressure setting, and rider specific tuning; ie rider weight, riding style, etc. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
settings

i found out, that turning the BO out (and the propedal too) and increase the pressure up to 200psi in the boost valve, gives you the best damping performance and also the best response on higher drops.
weeks ago I was in saalbach-hinterglemm and I was taking to sam zbinden from switzerland. He rides a ROTWILD with fox 40 and dhx 5.0. He has nearly the same settings on his bike.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
150 psi and b/out half way in.

Im 5'8", weigh 75 kg and run a small vpf with a dhx5.0 and a 350# spring. Most of my riding is shuttle runs and trail rides with some stunts.
I run 150 psi and run my bottom out a little over half way in. Propedal is set about 7 clicks in for trail riding and backed all the way out for shuttles.
With these settings im getting a really plush feel with excellent small bump compliance. Bottoming out is not a problem.
I took my starting point from an article in DIRT (UKmag) where Mojo Suspension were reviewing/discussing the shock. They suggested starting at about half way, setting boost valve and rebound then propedal. Ive found with these settings its doing everything i want it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.