Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice - should I get a VP Free or Cove G-Spot? From the reviews that I have read, they both seem like awesome bikes. I am looking for a long travel All Mountain bike that can handle everything from agressive XC to light FR and the ocassional DH. The bike must pedal well and be a good climber.

Money is not really a problem as both these bikes fall within my set budget.

So what are the pros and cons of the two bikes? Which one would you choose?

Thanks!

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
shafj said:
I need some advice - should I get a VP Free or Cove G-Spot? From the reviews that I have read, they both seem like awesome bikes. I am looking for a long travel All Mountain bike that can handle everything from agressive XC to light FR and the ocassional DH. The bike must pedal well and be a good climber.

Money is not really a problem as both these bikes fall within my set budget.

So what are the pros and cons of the two bikes? Which one would you choose?

Thanks!
I love the VP Free but would not classify it as all mountain. The words xc and VP Free really don't belong in the same sentence. That said, I have riddent the G Spot and didn't really care for it all that well. Only way I can relly describe it is that it felt sloppy.

For what you want, I think a Bullit might be a better choice if you have more of a FR/DH leaning and even a Heckler if your more trail/xc oriented with only an occasional FR/DH need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts