Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
kraqers said:
Greetings
What size of Vp Free frame should i choose. I'm 6" heigh. I will use my bike in FR - drops, sometimes Downhill.

Thank you for your help.
so many varibles.....mostly XC or freeride or DH...are you fat, skinny, or medium...best to try the bike out instead of listening to our opinions....go to a bike shop and ride them...then you will know...especially forking out that much money

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
kraqers said:
Greetings
What size of Vp Free frame should i choose. I'm 6" heigh. I will use my bike in FR - drops, sometimes Downhill.

Thank you for your help.
Large would be your size. A lot of my friends are 6 feet tall and use a size large frame on thier VP free.

·
Specialized Rida
815 Posts
kraqers said:
And what about steering ability. My fork will be 888RC 200mm with standard crowns. Should i change it?? I mean flat crowns from Risse Racing or Go-Ride?

Any VpFree owners?? Pls help
My friend had to change his crowns becuase the rise was a bit higher than standard 888 crowns. So he changed them to the flat crowns by marzocchi. I took it out for a test ride and it felt, rode, looked, and steered a heck of a lot better. It made quite a bit of a difference.

Here are the crowns that he had. Now I am selling them for him becuase like I said he changed to flat crowns.

I happen to be also selling the same Marzocchi flat crowns on ebay. Here. They are brand new an uncut.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm about 5'11 and I ride a mediun vp-free. I can raise the seatpost up if i decide to do more XC style riding or drop it down low for drops and roll ins. Plus I can control the bike better then a large frame.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
kraqers said:
And what about steering ability. My fork will be 888RC 200mm with standard crowns. Should i change it?? I mean flat crowns from Risse Racing or Go-Ride?

Any VpFree owners?? Pls help
yep get the flat crowns....you will like them way better...if you can just get the 06 888 with lowrider crowns already...it is a sweet fork..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am 5 ft 10 inches and ride a large, however, I think a medium would fit me better and I would get a medium if I had to do over again. I also got the Mars flat crowns. then I switched to the flat lower crown and standard top crown. they do make a big difference, just with both flat after being used to the standards, the front seemed too low for me. So I went with the lower flat and standard top and that seems to be perfect for me.

good luck

·
Pro Crastinator
11,952 Posts
why is it that there are so many so-called "bikers" that have no idea what is a good sized frame for them and then think that people who have never met them have any idea what is good for them? haven't any of you bozos ever even sat on a bike......

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
why is it that there are so many so-called "bikers" that have no idea what is a good sized frame for them and then think that people who have never met them have any idea what is good for them? haven't any of you bozos ever even sat on a bike......

·
Loves His Sunday
670 Posts
There is a sizing cgart right on teh santacruz website. Just going by height your right in between a medium and large. You gotta try it out and decide by your preference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.