Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic has been thrown around a ton here, but I really want to bank on the fact that I can get the chainline "close enough" w/the RF Diabolus now and then upgrade to the new spindle when it comes out..(if it really is coming out).

Feedback anyone?

Thanks, PattD

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hope this is helpful

I month or two ago I saw some posts that linked to an article from a shop that was building up a VP-Free. Not sure if it was here on mtbr or on ridemonkey or nsmb though. They ran into some problems with the Diabolus on this frame. As I recall, there was an issue with the non-drive side of the BB shell. Seems that the pivot was in the way of the bearing cup, they put a shim in to make it clear (it was ~1mm or something like that).

Anyway, there seems to be an issue with the outboard bearing cups. See if you can find the article by searching the forums.

·
I Just Ride
284 Posts
I just put a set of Diabolus cranks on mine yesterday and they went on no problem. Just put one spacer on the non drive side to miss the protrusion talked about in the speed goat article and everything else will work as normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts