Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember when ER and BP tried to put together a Bike of the month voting competition here on VRC. :eek:

I think I was the only one who enjoyed it. :)

Ended up in a silly battle though....:mad:

But then, ....all those beautiful Ritchey's in one thread...:thumbsup: .

Mmmm Mmmmm... ;)

Sure I wish I was out riding right now....:rolleyes:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
I want to like the idea of it, but I find the RBUK BOTM's frustrate me. Some retarded bikes win, while other, more subtle well thought out bikes get ignored.

I think one of the best things going here IMHO....that has been missing recently, was 'Picture Friday' (with or without theme).

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rumpfy said:
I want to like the idea of it, but I find the RBUK BOTM's frustrate me. Some retarded bikes win, while other, more subtle well thought out bikes get ignored.

I think one of the best things going here IMHO....that has been missing recently, was 'Picture Friday' (with or without theme).
I agree and don't mind putting effort into picture Friday (Joe we need you) . Not the cool stuff some of you have, but I usually am not shy about taking and posting pictures...

(FWIW, I have a sweet aluminum 97 Kona project that is almost together. I have full intentions of winning BOTM with it :p )

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
It would only be interesting after the first 2-3 years pass. BP would win every other month with a Ham, Eric would win with some Yeti's along with Hairstream and Ameybrook, Tim with some Ritcheys and so on and so forth. Maybe we should do a build of the month instead? Or project of the month.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Or maybe it could be a forced cull/vrc white elephant, to take some of the 'control' out of what we own and liven up some collections....

If one of your bikes gets 'nominated' by three other members, it goes in the pool. The bike that wins the most votes gets redistributed to one of the other competitors -at random- who must swap their nominated bike for it :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
"I want to like the idea of it, but I find the RBUK BOTM's frustrate me. Some retarded bikes win, while other, more subtle well thought out bikes get ignored."

Again with the Retrobike bashing!:) Enough already!:madman: To each his own.

I like picture friday. No losers/whiners, only winners.;)

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
I'd be in favor. Just because it encourages more posting photos of lust worthy bikes. But, if there were to be an actual contest, I wouldn't be against some kind of screening of nominees, just to weed out the crap.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Rumpfy said:
I agree that the best bike (i.e., my own favourite) doesn't always win, but it's only very occasionally that a bike I think is awful wins.

Here are some recent winners. All look worthy to me. The Alpinestars won BotY.

Simplicity is the keynote for success. Despite the fantasies of some here, fitting Spins would be the kiss of death.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
I quite enjoy looking at other peoples builds/photos and thus Picture Friday works for me, although the time zones make it Picture Saturday rather than Friday...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.