• Raycer X racer ready rig??

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fred? said:
Points deducted for using pedals that sometimes release the cleat when contacting a solid object.
funny.. I don't seem to have that problem.. but then again.. I also do know how to ride and avoid hitting objects. I tend to glide over "objects"
:D

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Neither...

Mine is way badder!!! It has wave rotors AND exploding pedals. Not in Texas though.

p.s. Rayer, is that your cig butt on the ground in front of your bike?

·
Premium Member
7,603 Posts
I think all three bikes suck. What you need to do is send them to me immediately so I can evaluate them to establish if any are worth keeping.

Seriously, all of them are great rides, I would give a nod to the Hammerhead, but that is because I am a Clyde that is more into trail riding than racing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The HH100x is the clear winner, due to extra style points for a 12" kicker under his truing stand. BOOM!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wouldn't know which is better. My bike is a pile of parts waiting

----waiting for my HH100x frame to come in. I've been riding my road bike for a month b/c I thought my frame was going to be ready and I disassembled my Zaskar. Can't wait. Dying.

·
Professional Slacker
3,271 Posts
Chi-chi points for Raycer's bottle cage, but he loses them for innertube chainstay protector, kinda kills the whole look. Homebrew's takes the cake with the battleworn look and bonus mud, always a winner in my book, plus he has a real fork on it. What's that on the right seat stay homebrew, some sort of protection, or are you covering up a boo-boo?

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Thread hijack in progress...

richde said:
What's that on the right seat stay homebrew, some sort of protection, or are you covering up a boo-boo?
It's just some elec tape covering a rub spot. No boo boo, just worn smooth. It's over 2.5 years old now and seen plenty of action.

It's only a 10" sub. Boston Pro Series. Plenty of low end torque. I haven't got around to installing the system in my truck yet.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No release problem for me

Last month my eggbeater hit a root so hard the impact slammed my seat into my leg and broke the seatpost, the pedal never released. Last summer I hit a root hard and snapped the pedal spindle in two but once again no release. Maybe there was some problem with your cleat interface caused by your shoes.

·
Banned
107 Posts
jesus...arguing over a waterbottle cage, pedals, discbrake rotors and chainstay protector...

since the last photo of my bike was taken i've upgraded to the W I D E R (man size) Salsa "carbonfiber" flat bar @ 25" and a Ritchey WCS stem and seatpost the FSA post seem to not like selle italia flite TT rails therfore it will be banished to eBay shortly.

raycer x likes to bag on my spotty working back brake and blown lockout on my sid fork but i've since fixed the brake problems and the lock out will get fixed during cyclocross season. He is really gonna be hate'n life here in Texas when he see me roll up on my NEW titus Riddler, i'm thinking of building it up as a SS first to replace my bianchi s.i.s.s. and then come the spring XC racing season slaping on some gears and stuff for a back up bike.

One intresting thing about Titus Bikes and Texas is at the NORBA national we had here in Waco last March the guys in the big team trucks were suprised to see so many Racer X's and Hammer Head 10x's rolling around. it seems you can't walk ten feet at a local race with out bumping in to some titus product.

:p

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
sungchang said:
Quick question, I see that both of you are running some type of Kenda tires. Any specific reason for choosing them and what model of Kenda tires are you running?
That's the 2.1 Blue Groove on the front and 2.1 Nevegal on the rear of my bike. I was just test riding them so I only got 4 or 5 rides on them before I had to give them back. Thumbs up though. They are reasonable size and weight with good traction and stick like mad.

Raycer's look like the 2.0 Blue Groove Lite which is a lower weight smaller tread version for racing.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Homebrew said:
That's the 2.1 Blue Groove on the front and 2.1 Nevegal on the rear of my bike. I was just test riding them so I only got 4 or 5 rides on them before I had to give them back. Thumbs up though. They are reasonable size and weight with good traction and stick like mad.

Raycer's look like the 2.0 Blue Groove Lite which is a lower weight smaller tread version for racing.
Thanks for the info Homebrew! I'm currently running Panaracer Fire XC Pro's on my front and rear. When they wear out, I might try out the Nevegal as I heard some good things about them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Trail Nazi said:
One intresting thing about Titus Bikes and Texas is at the NORBA national we had here in Waco last March the guys in the big team trucks were suprised to see so many Racer X's and Hammer Head 10x's rolling around. it seems you can't walk ten feet at a local race with out bumping in to some titus product.

:p
It's the same way up here in the D/FW area. The first race of the DORBA Fall Series started last Sunday and there were RX's all over the place.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Assesment:

Points deducted for SIDs. Sloppy work, that.

Points deducted for having a "race-ready" SID, but not running a 2x9 setup for Texas.

Massive pooints deducted from all for closeting their bikes on various pavements and messy workbenches. Set them free:

Yes, I have a small ring on mine, but I'm not race ready. I'm slow as a glacier.

all of the above was meant as humour. Get over it.

;) :D

·
Banned
107 Posts
raycer x is just miffed that my mean clean rig gets all the attention...now i find out he is trying to punk me with getting a new Fox Forx (yawn)

next race here in Texas 10/2 i'll try and get as many raycer x and hammer head owners together for a group photo just to show ya'll how popular the bikes are down here. :cool:

anyone use spectrum powder coating ? i'm thinking about gettin my frame powdercoated the same color as the fork the polished frame is a mofo to keep clean and shiny

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.