Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was another thread awhile ago here with someone talking about it. I have one on my Levo in a (non-E) Fox 36. Easy install. Love it.
Cool, good to know. I’m excited to check it out. I’m 200# in my birthday suit, ordered a 50# spring. What are you running?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
It does take a bit to set up. Be patient and get the tools now. They are not special, but things like a 22mm parktool spanner and such make it sooooo much easier. The important one is the flat face
socket.

Reactions: Gutch

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does take a bit to set up. Be patient and get the tools now. They are not special, but things like a 22mm parktool spanner and such make it sooooo much easier. The important one is the flat face
socket.
Correct, I’ve got the tools. Does look simple to install. Thanks y’all for the replies.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
World Wide Cyclery tells me end of month. Not too bad.
I have mine on my YT Decoy with a Yari for that is really a Lyrik because I also upgraded the damper to the Charger 2.1

I purchased mine directly from Volsprung. In addition, if you have install or set up questions, give them a call.

On a tuning note, before I upgraded my damper to the Charger, I swapped the oil for the hydraulic bottom out to 10wt. The first part of my travel was pure bliss, but I always had to run it wide open. If I didn't, the last 30% of the travel was just too firm. This was mostly from the MC damper, but it's all I had to work with at the time. Swapping to a different oil allowed me to run 12 clicks on the H.B.O. for normal days, 6 on big hit days, and 16 (wide open) on those smoother, flow days.

Reactions: Gutch

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just put one on my Bullit.
Went for a ride and it felt great and smooth, but unfortunately i had a crash in the beginning of that ride and dislocated and broke my shoulder (nothing to do with the smashpot, obviously), so it will be a while before i enjoy it again..... :(

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just put one on my Bullit.
Went for a ride and it felt great and smooth, but unfortunately i had a crash in the beginning of that ride and dislocated and broke my shoulder (nothing to do with the smashpot, obviously), so it will be a while before i enjoy it again..... :(
Dang. That blows. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.