Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Jgusta is and he said he really likes it but needs more time to dial it in. Hopefully he will chime in.

Have FUN!

G

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got one for my intense tracer 275. Feels really good. Still playing with air pressure but a noticeable improvement. Does what they say it does.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I've just fitted an evol can but I'm waiting for more volume spacers so the original (0.6) one i fitted. It definitely ramps up a lot quicker and has needed a bit more air to set the same sag. I'll update when it is properly tuned / ridden.

IMG_0607.jpg

·
Registered
317 Posts
been running one since they first came out this spring. a significant improvement, imo. the bronson suspension leverage rate curve exacerbates the crappy characteristics of an air shock - i.e, high initial breakaway, moving into a wallowy mid stroke, ending with a significant end stroke ramp. with the stock shock, if you try to tune suppleness (i.e., lower pressure), you blow though the mid-stroke. pump up the pressure to support the mid stroke, and you lose end of travel, and plushness. the fat negative spring on the corset gives a very supple beginning stroke, and allows higher pressure to support the mid stroke nicely. i found the shock works well without any internal volume spacers. results in a very plush, quite linear shock - coil-esque, even. very nice.

my stock damper recently blew it's guts out; just replaced it with a pushed ctd (with the new black shock body). no rides yet.

vorsprung.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been running a Corset for a couple of months, and it's definitely an improvement on the FOX CTD Kashima that came with my Bronson. After months of playing with pressure, spacers etc the Corset seems to deliver the kind of suspension performance the Bronson was built for.
The only thing I'd say is it can push the required air pressure close to the max for a CTD if you're a bigger guy like me (212 pounds).
But I like mine. A lot :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the Bronson out for a ride after removing the spacer. Sag set at around 13mm or so, pressure 205 psi. It is more linear so there is no mid travel wallow but it's bottoming out a little too easy so I think I'll try the smallest spacer later in the week. I also adjusted the rebound less by 2 clicks by mistake (should be more with increased pressure), so will increase it 2 clicks from the original position. I'm not sure if I like it yet as I have to have a fiddle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2nd ride today, smallest spacer fitted and pressure up to 230 psi. It sat high in its travel and stayed very linear. A bit of a contrast to the super plush pike, so I think I'm going to lower the pressure and maybe go up a spacer size.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I am running the 2016 Fox Evol . There are several diff. to the stock Fox shock. First I used too much air pressure and the sag looked OK but the shock had too much mid-travel support and I didn't get close to the full travel. I re-set sag at 30% and much better. For me the Bronson rides better with a bit more initial shock movement[ more sag ] and the Evol can gives plenty of mid range support. I now run with the shock set full open and lowest comp. setting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fruitafrank,

Yeah, that's the same as my thought. Going to try at 30% and see. Might have to go up a spacer size too but will have a go and see first. Interestingly, whilst it is firmer there is noticeably better tracking.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes, the mid-range support is very pronounced and it lets you set the sag soft which works well with the VPP. With 25% sag I would get kick back on tree roots which can throw you off line and are just annoying . So far I am liking this shock better than the CC Inline.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So i installed the vorsprung can and added two turns of rebound and left the stock spacer in. Bike handles much better with a noticeable increase in traction. The instructions say to remove the volume spacers. Does anyone know why and what effect that does to the rear suspension with vorsprung installed??

·
Registered
604 Posts
So i installed the vorsprung can and added two turns of rebound and left the stock spacer in. Bike handles much better with a noticeable increase in traction. The instructions say to remove the volume spacers. Does anyone know why and what effect that does to the rear suspension with vorsprung installed??
My experience is the new can ramps up faster so its a little harder to use all the travel.
The spacers mostly affects the last bit of the travel. As the air is compressed into a smaller and smaller space it gets harder and harder to compress.
So by putting a smaller one or no spacer at all the space at the end of the stroke isn't so small and you can more easily use all your travel.
Of course if you find yourself bottoming out harshly you can put spacers back in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Guys

I run a 2016 Float X in my Bronson,with the smallest Spacer and 28% Sag...but i don't use all travel..what is the Problem...more Sag and a bigger Spacer or no Spacer and fewer Sag?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I run a 2016 Float X in my Bronson,with the smallest Spacer and 28% Sag...but i don't use all travel..what is the Problem...more Sag and a bigger Spacer or no Spacer and fewer Sag?
Start with removing the spacer and see how you like the feel. Don't change the pressure right off the bat.
I prefer to change one thing at a time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So far the best upgrade and cheaper than buying a new shock! Still very impressed on the amount of traction ive gained using the vorsprung. Much plusher feel without having to go thru full travel or bobbing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts