Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this in last nigh to replace my cracked BP Stealth frame. 1359g for the 18 incher. Joe Murray love.:thumbsup: I'll post the full build info after it's complete.

Attachments

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those 12 year olds really know how to lay down a bead! Viva La Taiwan!:D

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
You meant China :rolleyes:.

Taiwan produces some of the best BIKE stuff around now. Funny, but even Colonago's lowwer-tomid priced frames are made in Taiwan now as well as other manufators top Carbon frames.

hell is DA made there too? or do they make it in Japan?

I am soooooooooooooooo tires of here about taiwan. they are KICKIN AMERICAN ASS when it comes to bikes. Only TREK top-sheflf bikes can hold their chop sticks!

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
so, half the stuff you probaly own (alll things) is made in China!

us Americans LOVE cheap ass products! we complain about high prices, but we gooble up that cheap ass crap from China like it's going out of style!

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DIRT BOY said:
You meant China :rolleyes:.

Taiwan produces some of the best BIKE stuff around now. Funny, but even Colonago's lowwer-tomid priced frames are made in Taiwan now as well as other manufators top Carbon frames.

hell is DA made there too? or do they make it in Japan?

I am soooooooooooooooo tires of here about taiwan. they are KICKIN AMERICAN ASS when it comes to bikes. Only TREK top-sheflf bikes can hold their chop sticks!
You go girl.....So, if I understand you correctly, you are a real advocate of Taiwanese products.:D Actually, when I bought the frame I had no idea where it was made. It's not the kinda thing they tend to advertise on VooDoo's website. BTW, I was looking at a Salsa prototype yesterday (from Taiwan, of course) and the welds were god awfull. I'm not in the "everything made in Taiwan rocks" camp. Your right DirtBoy, the reason stuff is built over there is because it's built with lower overhead and not because it's neccesarily a superior product. Salsa would still be working with Waterford in WI if we could compete with Taiwanese labor and facilities costs, nevermind environmental oversights. Chalk it up to one of the negative consequences of an open global market.

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Why? We are talking about this light weight frame and were it was built? Should you be building up another "bling bike" by now ;).

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Why? We are talking about this light weight frame and were it was built? Should you be building up another "bling bike" by now ;).
dear moderator,

please ban dirt boy from mtbr.com for being so mean spirited towards me, as he knows have not a penny to my name right now to build up another bike.

·
Weight Weenie Shop Owner
2,006 Posts
Really? Bought too many I9 wheels?
I thought you had like a $20K monthly buget for bikes.

Dear Moderator: Please ban FoShizzle for the following reasons:
  1. We is not a real WW
  2. He is now broke and can't buy more bikes/parts so he has NOTHING to contribute to MTBR.com now!
  3. Why not?! We have not banned any one from here since Malol for a while and DrEvil a few years ago.
  4. We is off topic on this thread.
  5. He not using some crazy avitar

·
Registered
Getting too old for this...
1,114 Posts
That bit about Salsa not being able to compete anymore and all that is crap. When I can get a full-custom steel hardtail frame handmade in the USA, out of US tubing, for less than $800 shipped, then I don't think it wise to by a Taiwan made frame. I remember when VooDoo came on the market back in the early-mid 90's - they were a US company like many others. Salsa could still be making things in the U.S. if they wanted to. It's their job to make a product worth what they charge to a customer. VooDoo is now "run of the mill" to me, just like all the other companies having frames made in Asia.

Frankly, I didn't know VooDoo was even still in business.

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DIRT BOY said:

1. We is not a real WW
  2. He is now broke and can't buy more bikes/parts so he has NOTHING to contribute to MTBR.com now!
  3. Why not?! We have not banned any one from here since Malol for a while and DrEvil a few years ago.
  4. We is off topic on this thread.
  5. He not using some crazy avitar
LOL, BWAHAHAHA!!.........:thumbsup:

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
curtlo-dork said:
That bit about Salsa not being able to compete anymore and all that is crap. When I can get a full-custom steel hardtail frame handmade in the USA, out of US tubing, for less than $800 shipped, then I don't think it wise to by a Taiwan made frame. I remember when VooDoo came on the market back in the early-mid 90's - they were a US company like many others. Salsa could still be making things in the U.S. if they wanted to. It's their job to make a product worth what they charge to a customer. VooDoo is now "run of the mill" to me, just like all the other companies having frames made in Asia.

Frankly, I didn't know VooDoo was even still in business.
I feel your pain and your preaching to the choir, Dork. I was a bit deflated when I learned my VooDoo was torched up in Taiwan. How many Scandium 26er HTs are made here anymore? Maybe like...none? Re: Salsa: I was told if they were to source their frames here then profit margins would be unacceptable for Quality Inc. Salsa keeps making money hand over fist. That's the American way, right? Anyway, back to VooDoo. At least I have a Joe Murray sticker on my frame. I didn't know he moved to Taiwan.:D

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
DIRT BOY said:

He is not a real WW
true. i am not a real anything.

DIRT BOY said:
He is now broke and can't buy more bikes/parts so he has NOTHING to contribute to MTBR.com now!
thank you for acknowledging that at least at some point I contributed....but true.

DIRT BOY said:
Why not?! We have not banned any one from here since Malol for a while and DrEvil a few years ago.
good point

DIRT BOY said:
He is off topic on this thread.
true, but what thread ever stays on topic.

DIRT BOY said:
He not using some crazy avitar
this one hurts the most. first mtbr banned the uploading of any new animated avitars and then, to put salt in the wound, the put an extremely small size limit on avatars. i have since been very depressed.

·
Registered
Getting too old for this...
1,114 Posts
Ah, Salsa is not Salsa anymore? They were "bought" by Quality? I didn't realize that. That explains everything, doesn't it. Obviously the only reason a VooDoo or a Salsa start buying Asian made frames is for maximum profit - funny but that's not why any of the smaller companies started making bikes. The temptation for easy money is to great sometimes.
It is just a frame, so as long as it doesn't fall apart, and you enjoy it, life moves on. But I remember back in the early '90's all the attempts to make a 100% US sourced bike, and all the awful CNC derrailleurs that followed...looking at my own bike I realized there wasn't but 1 part on my whole bike that was made in Taiwan or China - the inner tubes. Everything else is US, or Japan, with a little France (tires) thrown in, and Italy (seat). I didn't try to do it, but that is kind of interesting.

·
SUBLIM8er
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
first mtbr banned the uploading of any new animated avitars and then, to put salt in the wound, the put an extremely small size limit on avatars. i have since been very depressed.[/QUOTE]

Fo, I'd like to help you w/your depression. From what I have been able to gather treating your depression by thowing disposable income @ new bikes has been helpful for you in the past. Sadly, you've run through your assets and now yer at rock bottom. All good things must come to an end; this was a forseeable outcome to an unsustainable coping skill. All I can offer you are some shi&ty pictures of my Taiwanese VooDoo.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.