Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds good - but what are the overtaking ops like with all that single track? Does it become a procession or is there ample opps to both overtake and be overtaken? Sounds fun opener, though my wife might take the slot and my bike and give me the kids for this one...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There will be plenty of passing opportunities. The course is 70-80% Single track, with sections of double track mixed in. It seems as soon as you are ready to get off the single, there is double track and vice verse. You will love the course!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
briver said:
Anybody looking for a new early season endurance race should check out Pueblo, Colorado's Voodoo Fire Mountain Bike Race. Check it here!

http://www.warriorscycling.com/events/voodoo-fire.php

Great flowing course of 25 miles of single track!

More info getting posted daily!
I thought it was a 35mx2 70miler not 25m. Is there really 10m of dirt road in there?

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Xc

I did the XC race there a few years ago. I hear it's many of the same trails we raced on then. There are passing opportunities nearly everywhere. The singletrack is windy and narrow, but you can get around easy enough. Just make sure your Stans is fresh.

The only spot I remember getting stuck was right on the first entrance onto the singletrack after the road start. I was stuck behind a slow dude for a few minutes until it opened up on the mesa.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Main page says original course of 35mi lap. PDF map still shows a 23mi course. Hard to tell from the website which is accurate. I got my fingers crossed for the 35mi lap option. Passing through the area with friends from Omaha, should be a good race. Thanks all!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Couple of Qs

So I've ridden P before and I remember the out skirt trails around the water was fast n rolly. But the internal stuff up n down the river banks were very techy. How much of a mix is it? How does the endurance aspect compare to longer races in my area (Breck)? Thanks I want to sign up but still hesitant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The revised course map will be up tomorrow. As you will see this sprawling course uses just about 80% of the trails in the Pueblo system. However we are not using the interior technical free ride trails. So this will be an endurance course for sure and you may never touch your small chain ring.

·
SS Chimp
525 Posts
Grizzattack said:
I wonder what a quick lap would look like out there. 11mph avg speed?
Depending on the class it is well over 14mph avg on the standard course. It will probably be a bit lower given the bonus climbing before heading to the South Marina.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.