Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother has a se flyer rigid 29 incher, to go along with our regular bikes. i feel like joining the fun.

i read the 69er sticky post wow there are some haters huh? stilll ive really liked the idea since ive first discovered it.

so i ran across they renolds steel voodoo for 170 bucks cad, a steal.

i was just looking for some opinions on a good rigid v brake fork? steel alum carbon? my brother nearly snapped his landing gear off. should i stick to steel?

also for my single speed cranks, i may throw on 8 speeds in the rear, but should i get shorter cranks like 165mm i see alot of singles are short (bmx, messanger fixie) like the bulletproof cranks from ebay. should i be looking at 165s instead of 175. i am 6'4"

·
Registered
449 Posts
crank length can be pretty preferential. *most* (not all) SS'ers will say go longer (180's) for more leverage. if you're used to riding 175's i'd say continue on with 175's...

probably a surly, salsa, or kona P2, 26" steel fork would be best to use w/29 front wheel for minimum A-C length, although you'd need to use a disc on the front. a surly KM fork (29-specific) has v-bosses, but has a really tall A-C and would upset your geometry a good bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.