Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When posting my 02 build I mentioned that I noticed a VOID stamp(?) inside the head tube. It's a mystery what it means. Here is pic.

Attachments

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
i think it means ya have a ton of dirt particals in yer $120 h/set therefore voiding the warranty.

·
12,942 Posts
sounds like our camera lenses here at the station. shoot towards the sun and its a friggin light show on air.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
It means your frame was illegally removed from the library.

Maybe call DT?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A tip I read for point and shoot cameras. Tape a piece of tracing paper over the flash so that it makes an arc and doesn't sit flat against flash. Is supposed to diffuse the flash and help get rid of the deer in the head lights lighting. Not that you're using a point and shoot at the station(?).

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Ahh. tnx. I've been using a hand held diffuser from an old macro lens kit. This is worth a try. I've also been thinking about buying one of those bracket-mounted off camera slave flashes to move the light away from the lens. It would still need a diffuser though.

Funny how macro shots bring up dust and marks you don't even notice when setting up the shot.

·
12,942 Posts
nope, no still stuff although i carry mine just in case. we have these semi huge $30,000 DVC video rigs for now. theyre gettin pretty old so we have blue ray hi def units and digital editors ordered. cant wait to play with those!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the marco is sort of what I say about myself: I'm sure glad I don't feel how I look. Understand the bracket-mount is an excellent solution.

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
looks to me like part of a 'breakaway' sticker that if broken, voids a return/warranty. What it's from though...????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts