Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Has anyone ridden the vivid air yet?? I am thinking of going that way instead of a coil shock on my new bike. Any reviews or firsthand experience?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Make sure it fits your frame, I talked to a mechanic today and he said the gripe is that it does not fit some frames. I wanted to put on on my demo but heard you have to shave metal on the shock...does not inspire confidence to me.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Curler said:
Has anyone ridden the vivid air yet?? I am thinking of going that way instead of a coil shock on my new bike. Any reviews or firsthand experience?
So far, everyone I know who's ridden one likes it and is sticking with it. Mine arrives in a few weeks, attached to a V10. I figure if I'm not totally happy with it I'll send it to Push for the treatment and a high speed adjuster.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm testing one at the moment. It has been fantastic, I don't want to give it back.:D

It feels just like a coil but saves sh*tloads of weight. Plus it is infinitely adjustable, well the springrate is at least. Riding a gnarly steep/rough track run 40% sag, on a pedally/smooth track run 30% sag, easily done with a shock pump. You always have the perfect springrate!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers, Im about to order one, but need to check it fits, has anyone got the measurement from the centre of the mounting eye to the large air canister.
I emailed SRAM to see if they have the measurements on a technical document as no bike shop I have called has one in stock, the distributors cant tell me and ill be damned if I am spending $$$ for it not to fit! :p

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Steve Wentz: "I ride flat pedals. That makes a big difference in my suspension setup, compared to when I was clipped in and racing."

Hmm, when I play with flats I'll remember that. I've always felt that I ride heavier on the rear wheel when I use flats so maybe I'll like'em more if I firm up the compression and remove a click of rebound damping.

·
Registered
208 Posts
mjdthunder said:
Make sure it fits your frame, I talked to a mechanic today and he said the gripe is that it does not fit some frames. I wanted to put on on my demo but heard you have to shave metal on the shock...does not inspire confidence to me.
Mine fit just fine with no shaving or nothing. Loving it so far.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.