Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my phone and search is timing out-sorry...
But where do I start a ride out there from? Want to check it out in the am. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I also have this question. I am a West Winger and Vistancia is a quick trip. Are the trails on the other side of the CAP canal near White Peak? Is it single track or just jeep roads? And how do I get rid of ring around the collar?

I've ridden around the area before near the mining operation on the west side, but that was years ago.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Get on Google Maps-find the northern HOA pool across from the park.
Sully is leading a ride at 6:30 AM on Sat.
maybe 2 hr.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anybody have GPS data? I may head out there Sunday. Is it single track or quad/jeep road? Used to ride my dirtbike out there many years ago, but don't recall any single track.

·
Give it a crank
2,995 Posts
It's all dirt roads out there, I used to ride my dirt bike all over the area before it got developed. I have no idea what it looks like now. The main access point used to be this bridge across the canal by Twin Buttes.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=33.779433,-112.320871&spn=0.006242,0.00912&z=16&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=33.779433,-112.320871&spn=0.006242,0.00912&z=16&source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

I found an old gps of a dirt bike ride I did long ago just north of the canal, don't know if it helps.

Racetrack-Hwy.gpx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you end up riding there today? I am in the miid to ride, think I am going to go check it out between now and 5 pm. Anyone want to go?

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Get on Google Maps-find the northern HOA pool across from the park.
Sully is leading a ride at 6:30 AM on Sat.
maybe 2 hr.
6:30 AM leaving from North Pool in Vistancia - Vistancia Blvd to the end - Turn left at dead end - Pool 1/4 mile on the right - Ride consist of trail system north of Vistancia to Carefree Hywy and back - combination of single track & dirt roads, climbs etc... about a 2 hour ride 18+ miles ave pace 8.5 mph call me with questions 623-521-2825

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like a lot of double track but might be fun to explore around out there. I am out for the am tomorrow as I am thinking NR at Pemberton. But who knows!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I wanted to go but could not make it. Did anyone save GPS tracks from today's outing ? Anyone ride these trails regularly ? I'd love to join next time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vistancia Tuesday night ride

just about every Tuesday night at 8 pm at the Pool by Vistancia Elementary school we switch MTB and road every Tuesday night...MTB this Tuesday bring a good light about 2 hr ride time

·
Registered
632 Posts
moving from Stetson Hills/Deem Hills area :madman: to Cibola Vista this week :thumbsup:. Will be riding more out that way soon. Singletrack out there? We have to build them ourselves, like the mtbing comminity did at FIN, or the newest trails at Pyramid Peak. When it cools in Oct, let's start gittner done. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyone want to ride there today? Just a leisurely exploration ride, I have never been there. Don't be afraid of the heat!

Sent from my Galaxy SII T-mobile using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
42 Posts
Damn, hoping for a day ride as I don't have lights yet! However... I found 150 bucks in the salt river yesterday so I will be ordering some soon!

Sent from my Galaxy SII T-mobile using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts