Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
white mountains
63 Posts
White Mountains AZ... high altitude MTB'ing.

white_mtn_trails_map_lg.jpg

Come on up!
A high of 75 degrees keeps you "cool" on the trails...
...and there are many.
:thumbsup:

·
The Next 100 Miler
232 Posts
Probably not. Flagstaff is at 7,000' and Sedona is 5,000'. A lot of the Flagstaff riders go to Sedona to ride in the winter because that 2,000' of elevation can make a difference in snow accumulation and temps.

Great information! Was just about to post that I was gonna be in Sedona in Jan, where should I ride. Thanks for taking care of that. Looking forward to my trip. Is Flagstaff still rideble in early January? I am guessing not but would like confirmation.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Good day folks.

Will be out in AZ next week for about 10 days. Hope to get in at least a couple of days of biking. Will be based out of Buckeye for about half the time, then up to Sedona.

Will be doing some hikes with the family in the White Tank mountains area and likely biking there as well. Some of the trails look great. TrailForks has a huge list of trails showing. Perhaps Sonaran loops one day then Goat Camp another.

Is Goat Camp ridden from the parking lot, west towards Ford/Willow/Mesquite Canyon trails area?

What I haven't found yet, is a good place to rent a good quality trail bike in the immediate area. Still not 100% certain on what our rental cars will be capable of carrying, so the closer to the riding area the better off.

Any help on bike shop rentals close to White Tank mtns?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Good day folks.

Will be out in AZ next week for about 10 days. Hope to get in at least a couple of days of biking. Will be based out of Buckeye for about half the time, then up to Sedona.

Will be doing some hikes with the family in the White Tank mountains area and likely biking there as well. Some of the trails look great. TrailForks has a huge list of trails showing. Perhaps Sonaran loops one day then Goat Camp another.

Is Goat Camp ridden from the parking lot, west towards Ford/Willow/Mesquite Canyon trails area?

What I haven't found yet, is a good place to rent a good quality trail bike in the immediate area. Still not 100% certain on what our rental cars will be capable of carrying, so the closer to the riding area the better off.

Reposted so this would be at the end of the list not in the middle. thx

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Good day folks.

Reposted so this would be at the end of the list not in the middle. thx
Try this FB group- they live and ride out there and will have the answers you need-good luck! https://www.facebook.com/groups/160049124171820/

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello All -

I get out to Scottsdale every year around the holidays and spend a few days riding. I can ride Lost Dog and Sunrise from the house, also frequent Brown's Ranch and the McDowell Mountain Preserve out past Fountain Hills.

Last year I climbed Sunrise and continued to take the trail around the back side of the mountain eventually riding past the access road to Thompson Peak and linking eventually with trail that I think is Gateway (could be wrong with that) before making the climb to the Taliesen Overlook and finishing with the Lost Dog Wash trails. I had maps from various sources and had ridden or hiked a good # of the trails previously.

What I am looking for is one, comprehensive map of all the trails and how they can all be connected. I know that this is every changing - the # of trails keeps increasing each time I return. But I thought I remembered stumbling across a map that was produced by a local bike shop - I cannot find it now. Does this map exist? Is my memory way off?

Will be back Dec 21-Jan 3. Looking forward to some desert riding as a change of pace from the East Coast.

Thanks for the help!

Kris

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. Well after 20 minutes trying to figure out this site I have finally found a place to type a question...technology....ughh.
I am hoping to talk to someone concerning bike packing the entirety of the Arizona Trail. Current plans are to do it in early May. I have some questions about weather that time of year in AZ, as well as the potential of super muddy conditions there on the shoulder season.

If you can help me please type here...but the likelihood of me actually finding this spot again to read your response is in question...so I can be reached via email, then perhaps we could talk on the phone (preferred method of communication). [email protected]

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I cant wait, mtbweek in Sedona coming up. Rent bike from OTE for a week. So now looking for top 5 dayrides in sedona. Seen Hiline on the ytube so that is a must do. Hope for dry weather and cool people that can explain too biketourist were to go.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts