Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm going to be visiting Vermont this coming Saturday - Thursday and I just now thought that I should check and see what the riding is like there. I live in Southern California and ride quite a bit, mainly xc but I do the downhill thing occasionally too. I'm actually going to be in Stowe for something else and I'll probably only have a few hours to get a ride in. Can you rent bikes somewhere there? How's the riding? Is there an actual mt. bike park? Since I'll probably just be able to ride a couple hours is there a particular trail I should ride (on mountain or off)? Sorry for all the questions and my ignorance of the area, but I just now thought that I should check into this and I don't really have much time to search around for myself as I'm trying to get packed now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The VT MTB Fest is this weekend if you can free yourself for a few hours or hook up with one of the many group rides.

Otherwise...check in with guys at iride and head out back of their shop. Skiershop may rent bikes as well.

The other "can't miss zone" is down in waterbury (perry hill), 15 minutes south of stowe. The folks at bike29 at the junction of Route 2/Stowe st. in Waterbury can point you in the right direction.

As far actually riding on the mountain at the stowe ski resort, there is none. The riding is in town.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.