Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be visiting Seattle and Walla Walla in March and looking for tips on weather and good riding locations. I could bring the road or mountain bike if either is significantly better, but would prefer to bring the road bike to get around. Thanks

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Pickings are still a little slim around March but get back with us when the time is getting near.

www.bbtc.org

you can check out the ride board and find out if you can tag along on someones ride there or ask for more info on trails on here that you may want to explore.:)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Fezzy said:
I will be visiting Seattle and Walla Walla in March and looking for tips on weather and good riding locations. I could bring the road or mountain bike if either is significantly better, but would prefer to bring the road bike to get around. Thanks
Very similar to Seattle, moutain biking around Walla Walla in March will be limited due to snow levels in the surrounding Blue Mountains. There might be some along the South Fork Trail but its likely to be very very muddy. Best bet for mtbing in March near Walla Walla is about an hour (45 miles) away in Kennewick, WA. There's some very good XC style trails around there through sagebrush country and the climate is typically warmer and dryer.

I never paid a whole lot of attention to road riding when I lived in Walla Walla but theres lots of backroads in the region that usually don't see very much traffic (if I remember correctly). I'd imagine that the riding is pretty decent on the roads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.