Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Maryland from July 2- 6. I will mosly be near or in the Havre de Grace area(Harford County) Chesapeake Bay. I was wondering what the good local trails are and if there are any LBS that rent out bikes.

Thank you!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
riderx said:
Susquehanna State Park, Fairhill and Loch Raven Reservoir are probably your best bets for riding. Not sure on shops to rent bikes, I'd bring your own.
Awesome, found out my friend is right next to Susquehanna. Now I just need to find a bike shop that rents a bike.

How technical are these trails?

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
How technical? Guess it depends on what you are used to riding and what your skill level is. Where do you usually ride?

It's been a while since I've been there, but I'd describe the trails like this: short sort of steep ups and downs, mostly dirt with some roots and rocks thrown in. Sections used to have a lot of waterbars but they are supposed to be reworking a bunch of the trails so some of that may be gone.

I think most riders would call them moderately technical at best, but I tend to ride a lot of technical stuff so that always skews my perspective. I wouldn't take a brand new rider there but if you've been MTBing for a bit you should be fine.

·
Registered
388 Posts
riderx said:
How technical? ...I think most riders would call them moderately technical at best.
i concur. my reference point is Fairhill where i do most of my riding, and i wouldn't describe that as technical either. Susquehanna does have a couple of decent hills for this part of the country.

there's also Gun Powder Falls (near Susquehanna). Never been there, don't know what it's like. And of course Potapsco (how ever you spell that) near Baltimore (hour drive) ranges from mello-with-hills (west) to more technical than this old guy is willing to try (east).

check out More for additional references/directions:
http://www.more-mtb.org/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.