Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy southerners.
I'm visiting inlaws for a week around Xmas time and would love to hook up with some locals for some rides.
I'm looking for long trail rides relatively close to Irvine. I've ridden Whiting Ranch, the San Juan trail (up and back down) and some stuff near Cooks Corner.

I'm gearing up for next years racing season and am in training mode. I've been doing long, minimum effort rides and hope to find someone that is looking for the same type of ride.

I also like long walks on the beach and long conversation over whisky.

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Funny, before I posted to the SoCal board I browsed some discussions and your avatar struck me, funny that you would reply to me.
It's like matter and anti matter ;) I'm a fan of the Nuge and got into him when I lived in Detroit, gave my dad a Fred Bear cd for xmas. My dad's a avid bear hunter. I like Ted, i'm bummed I don't have OLN anymore, i'd have loved to see his new show.

Would you settle for a portabella steak and a pitcher or yard of beer?

·
Registered
710 Posts
voodoovegan said:
Howdy southerners.
I'm visiting inlaws for a week around Xmas time and would love to hook up with some locals for some rides.
I'm looking for long trail rides relatively close to Irvine. I've ridden Whiting Ranch, the San Juan trail (up and back down) and some stuff near Cooks Corner.
First off I'm not a socal local, but I'm heading down south to visit the in-laws too, although I'm staying in Wildomar. So I'm thinking of hitting up the San Juan trail (never been there) but I'd be game for a long slow ride.

-Derek

·
Registered
544 Posts
derek said:
First off I'm not a socal local, but I'm heading down south to visit the in-laws too, although I'm staying in Wildomar. So I'm thinking of hitting up the San Juan trail (never been there) but I'd be game for a long slow ride.

-Derek
What day do you think you will ride it? I would drive up from San Diego and meet up.

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can most definately do that. Any ideas on not how to pay the double taxation forest pass? I tried parking at the forest service office and riding in, but got ticketed last time.
Tinkerbell, care to join?

·
Registered
710 Posts
voodoovegan said:
I can most definately do that. Any ideas on not how to pay the double taxation forest pass? I tried parking at the forest service office and riding in, but got ticketed last time.
Not sure on the "adventure" pass or whatever they call it. Guess I'll be forking over the $5.

As of now I plan to be there at 9 am on Friday morning, possibly doing the loop described by yeti_rider:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?postid=1432117#poststop

I'm heading down south this afternoon, but I'll check the forum tomorrow evening.

-Derek

·
ss poser
406 Posts
i'm at work!!! how was ya'll ride?? tks for the invite. sorry burdman missed out, too.

just got the ss today!! it's wicked sexy! maybe i can show you?

voodoovegan said:

·
Registered
710 Posts
voodoovegan said:
Derek climbing, climbing, a view or two and some descending, still heading for the top.
Thanks for the ride and the pictures, it was nice to get off my rear for a few hours and to enjoy the scenery. That trail is a nice change of pace from the Norcal trails I've gotten used to.

Now I'll be heading out to the desert for some "sand surfing".

-Derek

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.