Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be passing thru San Diego, LA, and the rest of the coast up to San Francisco area on a road trip out west in two weeks (approximately, it is a road trip and has no set schedule) and I would like to get at least one ride in somewhere. I am a expert level rider, and I am going with two friends, one of which is good (maybe sport level) and one who is a beginner (not much riding experience). However none of us are in particularly good shape since our western NY riding season ended months ago. We would also need to rent bikes since we can't bring our own. Any suggestions on places to ride that are warm, have both technical and easier trails, and can rent good bikes nearby? I've done some looking but there are so many places to choose from I thought I would see what the locals have to say. Thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Since, you'll three levels of riders, you can try some riding in a little known place in Palos Verdes. Warm weather, a variety of trails and a great view of the beach. You can even ride to the beach. My buddy works at the local bike shop in San Pedro and can hook you up on some demo bikes. I think they carry Specialized. Plus, my buddy rides there quite a bit, so, he can also hook you up on the trails. Let me know if you're interested.

G

·
you can rent bikes at The Path in Tustin or Beyond Bikes in San Diego. There are some good spots to ride but weather could limit possibilities. Noble Canyon east of San Diego is a great ride but may have snow and mud. If you get bikes at The Path, there are great riding possibilties in the Santa Ana Mtns. I would suggest something like Whiting Ranch-Santiago Truck Trail-The Luge and back http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=1760 ) or Aliso Woods which has great views of the ocean and fabulous trails http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=93 . Geoladders.com has a good amount of trails in Riverside/Orange County that you can peruse.

i hope this helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts