Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to ride in Sequim? Or close to. I'm going to be there next week and looking to ride! My fittness is good, just got back from riding in Colorado. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Scott.

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
I'd say get in touch with good folks at Mike's Bikes over there in Sequim. They might suggest Lower Dungeness/Gold Creek or Mt. Muller.

I'm next door in Port Angeles. At the moment I'm in the process of getting back in shape and get back into riding after being off of the bike for several years. I injured my knee in a bike race around 8 years ago which forced me to stop cycling. Now I get a bike and the same dang knee problem is back! Long story short...I don't know if I'd be a good riding partner at this point. ;)

Hey, I'm originally from Shreveport, LA. Kinda near your stompin' grounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sequim.

Thanks for the info. I'm going with the family to visit the mother in law ,whom I have a problem getting along with. So I will likely be riding alot. she told me of Mikes shop I will go see him when I get there.As far as riding ,I dont mind long climbs. The more epic the better like 20 to 30 miles. Thats how far I was going in Colorado. The air is a bit thin at 1200 feet. But it was the best ride ever at Molas pass just above Durango.Super Beautiful!! Im sure in whasington I will be impressed.Where to ride in Port Angeles?
Thank's Scott.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Foothills tour?

Hey Cocheese, is your knee up to a tour of the Foothills Trails? I'll be in the area this weekend thru Tuesday or Wednesday. Not 100% sure when I will have time to ride yet, but planning on trying to squeeze in at least one.

Milt

·
Registered
167 Posts
There are several ways to do Lower'Dungeness Gold Creek, You can easily make it an epic. Mt Muller is 13 miles (don't underestimate it) of sweet singletrack and highly recommended. Dry hill has fun stuff but it would be short laps of aggressive XC to FR. I ride weekends and would be up for ride.

·
breathing helium
2,094 Posts
Milt,

I'd love to but I'm out of town at the moment. I'd imagine that it is starting to dry out up there, but the last time I rode the Foothills it was kind of a sloppy mess. The motorcycles had kind of rutted it out. Thanks again for the invite.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thank you for the heads-up on the trail! I stopped at Mike's a while back and asked about The Foothills and Dungeness/Gold Cr. and was advised not to ride them alone. I guess I will keep looking for a group ride that coincides with a visit there. I did get a partial ride in at Mt. Muller during the Forks Frenzy. Counter-clockwise up to the snow and back.

Huckler, is that Dry Hill in your video?

Milt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.