Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Notorious S.L.O
1,106 Posts
Georgetown is a cool town...

but to my knowledge, there is a not single bike shop in the town, no place to rent a bike.
There are some trails, nothing really that great.
As far as senic drives and hikes, Gunella Pass begins in Georgetown, nice drive, lots of hiking at the pass and on the otherside. You can take perhaps the easiest trail to the top of a 14er, Bierstadt, which is about a 2 hour hike from the summit of the pass.
Make sure you grab some chow at the Red Ram Tavern, good food and very cool place.

For biking,I would suggest going over to Breckenridge, bike rentals, trails and more.

·
Inflexable...
1,901 Posts
Keystone is closer and has better riding terrain...

There really is not much to do in Georgetown.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Don't forget that Winter Park is just over Berthoud Pass from Georgetown. Lots of bike trails both on the mountain and in the Fraser area. And I'm fairly sure you can rent bikes there.

The only MTB trail I know of in Georgetown area is the trail that starts in Silver Plume and climbs to Argentine Pass. Only singletrack for 2-3 miles if I recall correctly, then jeep trails that are fairly heavily used during hunting season. A pretty ride in the autumn, could be nice in early summer...

A crazy friend of mine dragged me on a mountain bike ride up over Saxon Mountain between Idaho Springs and Georgetown. All jeep trails, not a lot of traffic, but STEEEEEEP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.