Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I'll be flying into Durango June 30th and Flying out July 13th. I've got 12 days in there in which I'm going to be traveling with my bro to hit up some of the good places to ride. What's the "have to ride" places to go. I've already ridden Durango, and Moab so it's time to hit up other spots. So far we're thinking Crested Butte, Telluride, and Fruita. Where else?

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Although monarch crest may still have a lot of snow on it, the Salida/BV area has great riding. Lots of great riding in Summit County and surrounding area.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Have you ridden:
Molas->Cascade, Jones/Dutch, Missionary Ridge->Haflin Creek, Bolam Pass->Hotel Draw, CO trail loop up Junction Creek Rd and back into town?

If no, you have not "ridden Durango", and there are many others.

How about Telluride area? Every ride above is better than Monarch Crest, IMHO, and I don't know why someone would drive past Crested Butte to ride in Summit County, unless they have "ridden Crested Butte" already ... and recently.

These are my opinions, not my fault they are also facts :p

·
Wu-Tang Academy Alumni
983 Posts
cbrossman said:
Have you ridden:
Molas->Cascade, Jones/Dutch, Missionary Ridge->Haflin Creek, Bolam Pass->Hotel Draw, CO trail loop up Junction Creek Rd and back into town?

If no, you have not "ridden Durango", and there are many others.

How about Telluride area? Every ride above is better than Monarch Crest, IMHO, and I don't know why someone would drive past Crested Butte to ride in Summit County, unless they have "ridden Crested Butte" already ... and recently.

These are my opinions, not my fault they are also facts :p
Maybe he meant to write that he'd ridden a "deranged hoe".

I know that I've made that mistake a time or two. :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not exactly sure of the trails I did in Durango as I was just following and enjoying but some of those look familar. I'll double check and if not I'll add some to the list. I'll be riding in Durango as well but want to branch out and find other stuff. Looks like I'll be at the Firecracker 50 in Breck and fill the rest of the days with some time in Crested Butte, Telluride, Durango and where ever else we feel like stopping. We veto'd Moab and Fruita as we didn't want to bake in the heat so any of the higher elevation stuff is fair game.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
FT$ said:
Might want to add Aspen to your list!
Still got snow on Gubmint, Basalt Mnt and Sunny Side. Shroom rock in Car Bon Delay is good, and Prince Creek/Skull Bucket/whaterver they call it, is working well. Smuggler mountain to Hunter creek is great, but some of the trails to four corners is still wet/snopacked. Shadey Side and Hobbit, I can't comment on, but if Sunny is still wet, you do the math. Then again this is from the weekend of June 14 & 15. It's been hot here. Been working too much to ride. More soon, I hope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.