Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.
Looking for some help/suggestions on where to XC ride this weekend, within an hour or so of Huntington. Would like to get in a good 3-4 hour "A" ride, preferably technical singletrack.

Yes, I searched, and decided to send this post because of the recent post/comment about logging in Barboursville.

Maybe KSF?

If anyone is interested in a good ride Saturday AM, let me know.

Thanks
--Dan

·
Registered
485 Posts
I still haven't made it to KSF for some reason so I can't comment on that. Its was only one trail at Barboursville that was a problem and it was only for about 1/2 mile section of the 4 mile long trail. You can just cut up into the soccer ball field and go around that section. There are a ton of trails up on the hill. There is also beech fork. Around the lake it rooty and rocky but I don't know if I would really call it technical.
http://www.bikebfat.com/
They have maps of both places over on the left. The place they are logging is in the lower left corner of the map.

·
yelgatgab
459 Posts
Pisgah said:
Drive to Kanawha State Forest. That is your best bet for a long technical ride. If you feel up to it, ride the Black Bear 40k loop. It's an ass kicker.

http://tearjerkers.org/courseinfo.htm
So, did they go back to the old format (except for the addition of the MRR singletrack and exclusion of Spectator Falls)? A couple years ago, I remember they had completely changed the route, somewhat taming an otherwise brutal and incredibly fun race.

Anyway, that's a killer ride. It can be done as a race-paced sufferfest or a slower paced, stop and drop your seat, enjoy the views and DH kinda ride. I prefer the latter. :D

Damn, I miss that place.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
bagtagley - the course did change for about three years when a new promotor took over. However, last year the promotors changed back. In other words, the course is back to the "scarriest mountain bike race in the world." Last year Spectators was not run (the extension was raced), but the Middle Ridge Singletracks were added to the mix

It's probably worth the cost of transportation to ride whole thing - - Sunday August 10, 2008.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.