Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to do some cross-country riding in this area, but don't know trail conditions. I'll prefer just muddy over those that are both rocky and murderously muddy. Any trail suggestions from those who have ridden in past aquacious days here in the NE. I would like to do an epic(i.e. not just a ride around the lake).

Thanks again for any informative assistance.

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
Don't even think about hitting any of our trails while they are muddy. Seriously. The rain alone is going to yield some serious damage, MTBers don't need to add to it. The rocks are your ONLY option right now. Which means the best bets for riding will be Gambrill State Park, Frederick Watershed, Greenbrier State Park (all in MD) and Elizabeth Furnace in VA.

Maryland and Northern Virginia got crushed by the rain, non-rocky trails are going to take a while to recover. If you have any trail in mind check the forums on www.more-mtb.org for a status. If it's not up just ask, someone will surely know.

·
Registered
721 Posts
What he said...

riderx said:
Don't even think about hitting any of our trails while they are muddy. Seriously. The rain alone is going to yield some serious damage, MTBers don't need to add to it. The rocks are your ONLY option right now. Which means the best bets for riding will be Gambrill State Park, Frederick Watershed, Greenbrier State Park (all in MD) and Elizabeth Furnace in VA.

Maryland and Northern Virginia got crushed by the rain, non-rocky trails are going to take a while to recover. If you have any trail in mind check the forums on www.more-mtb.org for a status. If it's not up just ask, someone will surely know.
And I doubt any of the trails (aside from those mentioned by Rider X) are really even rideable, damage issues aside.

I'd head out to the Elizabeth Furnace area if you're looking for "epic."

·
Registered
153 Posts
anything west of the crest of the apps/alleghenies is dry enough to ride.

Rode Kanawha State Forest today... pretty dry. Places like Big Bear and Charles Fork Lake are probably a little damper... Canaan got hit pretty hard but it's a high mountain valley so it should be alright. The 'Shoe is always muddy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.