Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both tread and leaf:thumbsup: Thinking about making the drive from Flagstaff to do some sort of loop around Navajo Lake and then climb up and ride a portion of the Virgin Rim. I know the area got some snow last week and I was also wondering whether the aspens had peaked or not. With this warm spell I suspect conditions are getting close to perfect but wifey would be bummed to get skunked on fall colors.

We'll probably follow that with a Blowhard shuttle and a serving of Guacamole with a Little Creek chaser. Any info appreciated:thumbsup:

·
NMBP
2,159 Posts
I rode a Navajo loop on October 1st and the trail and the colors were spectacular.

Brian Head got a foot of snow on the 5th of October. There was still a lot of snow everywhere last Sunday. The colors were gone, Aspens were all brown. I doubt that Navajo will be ridable and the VRRT above Navajo certainly won't.

I am really bummed about the abrupt end to the high country season. However Highway 14 from Cedar City to Cedar Breaks is closed for many months due to a massive slide.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts