Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was thinkin if it might be cool to start a thread of old, vintage turner copy such as catologs and mag tests in hopes of a entry into the sticky. waddaya think folks?

my 1st entry is a original catolog from '95 when only the burner was made. youll see some notes and ink mods to the frame spec inner card to reflect the changes made to the '96 burner i ordered mid '95.

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'02 XCE test / MBA Feb '02

in feb of '02, MBA's buyers guide ran a test of the new '02 turner xce asking if "the best 90's design (could) dominate the 21st century?" seems it got pretty damn close.also in this issue were tests of the:
bergwerk fannus
firemans texas cruiser
ellsworth joker sl
raleigh 800​
and articals on things like:
the 1st redbull rampage
making over a '96 schwinn sweet spot with a weyless santa cruz knock off frame
a reenactment of the repack on its 25th birthday
wade simmons rm7
retrospect of the '91 xc worlds in durango​

Attachments

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tassie Devil said:
As above without the scribbles.
always gotta 1 up me dont ya? mr no scibbles with the fancy shmancy scanner image. why not just drive the stake all the way in and show it on a bed of solid gold bars and coins? i might just have to nominate ya for homer of the year for this one pal.

·
Registered
505 Posts
cactuscorn said:
always gotta 1 up me dont ya? mr no scibbles with the fancy shmancy scanner image. why not just drive the stake all the way in and show it on a bed of solid gold bars and coins? i might just have to nominate ya for homer of the year for this one pal.
I think you still win as you've got the frame to go with the brochure, and had both since new. Despite my best efforts I don't think I can top that ;)

·
12,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dont worry man, youll find that early burner soon enough. just a matter of time is all. im diggin the '96 test! thats the 1 i once had and have now lost. i looked through everything and no dice but i think i may recall where it is.... or was bein more likely. so it goes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts