Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get an idea of the value of two vintage Scott mountain bikes. They are from 1991, the first year Scott made mountain bikes. We bought them for $742.50 each in Alaska. They were used very little and have not been ridden in over 20 years. All the equipment is original. One is a 16" frame and the other is an 18" frame. The frames are 7005 Aluminum T6 heat treated. The components are Suntour XC limited. The brakes are Dia-Compe 986. The bikes were sold to us with kickstands which seemed odd. In the photos you will see the bear bells we put on the handlebars for riding trails. I realize they are super outdated, so I want to price them reasonably.

Attachments

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,476 Posts
The Sun Tour Limited stuff wasn't terribly high end (not that you said they were).

Other than being seemingly new, they don't offer a lot to add value, though maybe to someone with a serious Scott fetish, they might.

I'd go ~ $300 OBO and let the haggling begin when you get an interested buyer.

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,476 Posts
You'll likely end up closer to 2 bills is my guess, but, as a buddy always says, askin's free.

Too many market forces against *second tier brands* already, add 26", rigid, and smallish frames, no real collector value, just first bike for the kids, or commuter sort of buyers.

YMMW, good luck with the sale!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.