Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 333 Posts

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey my VRC brethren-

So many great pictures come through this forum we could lose a day searching for photos in individual threads.

Now we have a place to store and share photos of VRC all in one place!

Probably should have done this a while ago...but the Vintage Retro Classic Photo Gallery is now open! :D

View all the VRC in one place.

The catch is that in order to build this gallery...we need to load (or move) our MTBR hosted pics to this new gallery.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery.php/cat/1092

At any rate, its there. Enjoy!

****------------------------------- EDIT --------------------------------****

The gallery is off to a great start.

A couple things to keep it clean and organized and add to it's value.

1) A nice clean photograph of your vintage, retro, or classic MTB. Preferably a full bike, drive side photograph.
2) Try and include or estimate the year along with bike make and model
3) If you have the time, spec out the bike so others can enjoy your hard work. You can use the list below as a template.

Frame:
Fork:
Rims:
Hubs:
Quick Release:
Tires
Pedals:
Crank:
Chain:
Rear Cogs:
Bottom Bracket:
Front Derailleur:
Rear Derailleur:
Shifters:
Handlebars:
Grips:
Stem:
Headset:
Brake set:
Brake levers:
Saddle:
Seat Post:
Paint:
Size:
Serial #:
Place of Origin:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
most excellent...is there a cutoff year? I imagine around '94 or so would be the "newest".

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No specific cut off year, but if we post what is generally considered vintage, retro, or classic...hopefully others will get the idea.

If 2002 full suspension bikes end up in there, I'll see that they're removed. :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Okay, I'm stumped. How do I move my photos? I figured that would be easier that uploading them again, but I can't figure out how to do it.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
djmuff said:
Okay, I'm stumped. How do I move my photos? I figured that would be easier that uploading them again, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Go to the picture you want to move (in your pic album)...and there should be a drop down menu that will let you select the gallery you want to place it in.

It might be just a 'one-at-a-time' kinda thing..but you can move your pics around.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I finally figured out how to upload to the gallery and posted most my current riders. It there a way to edit and add more info on the bikes? This will be a great source of pics. :thumbsup: I'll be posting more when I get good shots of the rest of the heard ;)

·
artistic...
7,602 Posts
kb11 said:
I finally figured out how to upload to the gallery and posted most my current riders. It there a way to edit and add more info on the bikes? This will be a great source of pics. :thumbsup: I'll be posting more when I get good shots of the rest of the heard ;)
yours look very happy in that backyard.:) i love that ritchey.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
colker1 said:
yours look very happy in that backyard.:) i love that ritchey.
My little heard is very happy to be where they are :D More pics and Ritcheys to come:rolleyes:

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
...and yes, you can go back into the picture of the bike you want and edit it's info.

What are you guys' thoughts to a generic 'spec list' at the top of this thread to be added to the photo info?

Too much work? I think we can make this a pretty organized database of vintage mtbs and their respective parts spec.
The bikes on file look pretty clean so far.

For example:
http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php/photo/100992/size/big/cat/

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Rumpfy said:
Man you've got a lot of bikes KB!
No more than you Rumpfy, except mine are mostly all built ;) I need to get better pic's of 3 more Ritchey's, a Salsa, Mountain Goat, Paramount PDG90, Paramountain, early MB-1, early Stumpy, Bianchi, oh and one of DL's favorites, the early Diamondback Apex :lol: :skep: I only have 2 current projects in the works, another DL favorite, a '94 Bonty and a 1935 Hawthorne Flyer. Guess I need to do some frame painting soon :winker:

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
i gotta get off my butt and finish some of these projects...

can the touring bike play?

1 - 20 of 333 Posts