Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I pulled these out of storage to share with everyone. The Sizzler MTB Classis T-shirt was from a local race back in August,1989.I can still wear which is a good thing.:D
The Yeti Team shirt is where I got my signature from. I believe in it deeply.A friend gave me the Papas and Beer shirt.It shows an elevated chainstay bike.
Anyone else have vintage mtb biking related shirts to show?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey! I had one of those Yeti "Faster and faster..." shirts. God knows where it sits now. Remember when i wore it at a bar years ago and had to explain why my shirt had a mountainbike on teh back and what the text meant... He got it, eventually. =)

·
VRC Illuminati
17,648 Posts
The Papas & Beer shirt...the guy on the bike is from a cover of Mountain Bike Action doing the DS on an Alpinestars.

I think the first shirts image is also from a magazine photo. Ahh...I miss the Sizzler. Lame trails, but good racing!

I don't have many vintage shirts.

Ringle logo'ed shirt.
2 Slingshot shirts
Syncros shirt
Sycip shirt

And even these arn't that old.

·
slow
7,280 Posts
Bike shirts used to be most of my wardrobe, but most wore out and became shop rags. Had several Primal Wear t-shirts and a bunch that were schwag from bike shows. Here are a few that are still lying around. Still have a dayglo Coors International Bicycle Classic shirt from 1986, but that is roadie content, so I won't post it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mail in your box top!

Hey,

Here is one I sent in to ODI for a shirt. Early Tomac late 80's on a Mongoose? toe clips & rigid fork! -jy

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
There can be only one...

This one stands alone, the sleeves were removed due to a branch trying to rip it from me on a singletrack,, it only gets worn now on very special rides. I can post others from the era as well.... Salsa, Ritchey, Coast Range Riders "Dirty Thirty" race, a coors classic t-shirt Bike shirt from the red zinger team from 86 with Lemond, Hinault, Longo 's names on the back pockets..

Happy trailsl

Attachments

·
Start slow and taper off
790 Posts
I've still got a boatload of mine, most tucked away in storage cause I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

Sadly, most of my favorites I've actually worn out from too much wear (several spooky, 2 different yeti) or close to it (my Nuke Proof is in the wash but my wife just told me she thought it was time to shoot it and put it out of its misery).

Here's 3 shirts from the bottom of my drawer:

Attachments

·
IVMTB & VMBEFG Illuminati
1,493 Posts
Built4Speed said:
I pulled these out of storage to share with everyone. The Sizzler MTB Classis T-shirt was from a local race back in August,1989.I can still wear which is a good thing.:D
The Yeti Team shirt is where I got my signature from. I believe in it deeply.A friend gave me the Papas and Beer shirt.It shows an elevated chainstay bike.
Anyone else have vintage mtb biking related shirts to show?
i have bad memories of one of the Papa's and Beer races. i dragged my teenage butt down there and entered as a pro because i found out no pro's had entered. the purse was $2000. i was already spending the money in my head and then the day of the race comes and they canceled it due to rain! crap! all my dreams shattered. you dont cancel mountain bike races for rain!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Since it is pouring down rain here, Here are some more,

The Cruiser Bobs was from 87,
The coast range riders jersey and shirt are from '86 ( we used to ride Briones every wed night ) in the San Francisco east bay
The Coors classic is a roadie, but from 86 and I was on my Ritchey at Squaw Valley's finish line.
The LAH is new vintage ... I ride i put together and made shirts forin 2003, a simple rails to trails of the Hiawatha here between Montana and Idaho, we just do it at Midnight under a full moon, and yes Vintage Ritchey was the steed. and I serve fresh breakfast buritos and memosas at dawn

Happy Trails~

Attachments

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
One of my favorites...

But the best is the back:

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice collection of shirts everyone. I'm looking for a shirt that has a quote 'You wouldn't be in so much pain if you didn't ride like a dork'.
That Fat Tire Flyer shirt is cool.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Part 1

I have many more race and product tshirts, of various ages.

The following is a sample, based on what I've seen here.

Sorry about the picture quality, my camera does not like the lighting in my place.

This post includes the first and second World Cup T-shirts from Mte Ste Anne and teh lime green is the precursor to the Canada Cup and even Nationals up here.

The Fat City's, always wanted one, and loved the tshirt, so that is what I got instead.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
PArt 2

Here is part 2

The Ibis is the one I assumjed was described earlier, a Nuke Proof 10 year anniversary short (got it when they gave me new hubs) and a SRP Leo Tshirt.

Attachments

·
artistic...
7,602 Posts
robinmiller said:
I used to have a great Ibis 'MORON' tubing shirt. "More On the Ends".

I think i wore it until it fell apart.
ditto. a blue and a gray one. plus a syncros skull on the back and hub on the front..

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
Here are a few from my dwindling collection. The first is from the '88 World Championship (remember when the mtb "world" was on this side of the Atlantic?) in Mammoth Lakes, as is the second one from 1990 with Kamikaze theme. How I miss the neon days...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts