Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
11,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check 'em out. The blue one was on my mantis XCR-EC in the early nineties and the grey on was on the ol' mantis profloater before it broke (the profloater, not that that was a surprise) in the mid-nineties and on my IF deluxe (Gen. 1). They are purty and anodized and have a place on the shelf of glory along with the vintage art deco Jim Beam Bottles. Pieces of pure beauty.

For those of you who remember these were Machine Tech stems prior to machine tech of the grey v brakes. They prototyped the mast extravagant cranks in the early '90's. Lotsa colors of anodizing. Real cool stuff from Washington as I remember.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
their freehubs sucked

had two. one became a fixed gear, not so bad at least I made it back pedaling. the other started freewheeling in both directions. that was what, a decade ago? and I'm still riding on the matching front hub, which has been fine.

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,916 Posts
front hubs excellent, rear hubs crap. Course same as older hadley rear hubs and syncros rear hubs and I think the strange rear hubs. Everyone has some "innovative" alternative to the pawl and ratchet freehub shimano used and everyone except King and DT failed to make them work.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
DeeEight said:
front hubs excellent, rear hubs crap. Course same as older hadley rear hubs and syncros rear hubs and I think the strange rear hubs. Everyone has some "innovative" alternative to the pawl and ratchet freehub shimano used and everyone except King and DT failed to make them work.
The Shimano Rollerclutch hubs work fine, even if the engagement point is a little soft. Anyone tried the Stealth rear hubs yet? Even some trials riders have had success with them, which means they should hold up to anything. They are totally silent and engage IMMEDIATELY, even faster than King.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts