Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though about putting this in the Blue Collar thread, but figured it might not count if it was my own ride.

Got this 1986 Ritchey Ascent from a kijiji ad locally last summer. After nearly a quarter of a century of yeoman's service to its original owner, I replaced the drivetrain, post/saddle, added some fenders, a new stem/bar and it's now my run-about.

-18 degrees this morning in sunny Winnipeg (I think that's right around zero in Fahrenheit). Just back from grocery shopping.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an old package of Casiraghi fat brake cables in my parts box, so this morning was watch Backyardigans while daddy does brake work.

The rear XC roller cam was pretty seized-up, so I put on a Shimano U-brake until I have time to get it going again. The front brake cleaned up nicely - the original pads are pretty hard, but still seem to work no problem. I love this Deer head-era stuff.

(Sorry about the dis-oriented, crappy pic)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.