Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any interesting bike stores with vintage content in Minneapolis area? I'm visiting this weekend. MSP in winter, good idea?! :confused:

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
One On One has lots of vintage stuff(mostly Bridgestone) on the walls. Gene O used to race them back in the day. They're located downtown, on Washington, next to SexWorld. They sell a mean cuppa joe too. Head back to the shop area for stories. Ask for a look in the basement for a look-see at the "pile". Last I was there I saw a Ritchey buried pretty deep. There's other cool shops in town too. Mpls has a great cycling culture.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
~martini~ said:
One On One has lots of vintage stuff(mostly Bridgestone) on the walls. Gene O used to race them back in the day. They're located downtown, on Washington, next to SexWorld. They sell a mean cuppa joe too. Head back to the shop area for stories. Ask for a look in the basement for a look-see at the "pile". Last I was there I saw a Ritchey buried pretty deep. There's other cool shops in town too. Mpls has a great cycling culture.
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

·
Bryn Mawr Borracho
191 Posts
26 x 24

We've got a few old timers. A Cannondale 26 x 24 hangs from the rafters, and super clean chrome Mongoose from 1984 (?), might be down here by the weekend.
CRC Coffee Bar/Cykel Garage
3346 Lyndale Avenue South
Mpls.

cheers,
-Hurl E.
CRC

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That sounds cool. You guys around this weekend? Address on your website?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More followup.

visit to MSP was cool. I'm not sure how the rest of the country deals with winter! It's cold there. Norcal winters rock

I made it to one on one. Hurl, sorry I didn't make it by your place. next time I promise.

Pic of the "pile"

pic of a cool independent. check out the drivetrain.

·
Registered
566 Posts
redwing24 said:
nope, live in south dakota. but I play some softball over in the cities and go there when ever I can. I have a buddy who lives in ST louis park.
Sweet. You ever ride here?

If you haven't already seen it the MN mtn. bike community lives at MORC

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
since this thread is back alive, may as well repost pictures from my trip.

Here's pictures of the infamous pile. it sure is a pile. If i were to make a pile, I'd do it from french bikes

Some frames for sale. Not mine... no classified ad required.

American. cool. expensivo.

cool indy deluxe upstairs. I dig the WI drive train. This is the prototype for one of my builds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.