Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a bike through Craigslist recently and it feels a bit small for me. I'm just shy of 6 feet with a 32-inch inseam.

The bike appears to be a 97 Ground control. Shows no markings for frame size (at least that I can find).

It looks like this:

Can someone instruct me as to measurements--where to take them, specifications, etc.?

If the frame is a Small, I'd like to be able to advertise it correctly for the next owner.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Measure from the center of the crank to the top of the seat tube where the seat post goes in. Also measure the top tube length. This is what my owners manual shows for the 1999 model which has the same frame design. Measurements in mm:

Small: Top tube 517, seat tube 439
Medium: Top Tube 544 seat tube 439
Large: Top tube 569 seat tube 487

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Measure from the center of the crank to the top of the seat tube where the seat post goes in. Also measure the top tube length. This is what my owners manual shows for the 1999 model which has the same frame design. Measurements in mm:

Awesome! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Ok, I got 439 for the seat tube.

On the top tube length, would I measure that from the center of the headset to the center of the seat tube (in a straight line)?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.