Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
mtnwing said:
Is that camelback by preference or necessity? I don't see much in the way of a bottle cage mounts on that down tube! Gotta love that retro jersey fabric too! Perfect for the forum I must say!

-mtnwing
Preference. I never liked water bottles or stuff hanging off my bike (but for some strange reason I don't mind it on my back) :rolleyes:
Anti-spandex buddy...I've got one vintage OnZa jersey that I never wear.
The t-shirt is very retro...should have doned the 501's and some work boots too! :p

·
Steel is Real!
124 Posts
Rumpfy said:
T-Disc's huh...I can post a picture of your Tomac...or your whole garage really...and I don't think I want to spoil Tuckers 'unveiling' quite yet.

I do like this Fat though:

Is it tacky to post your own bike? :) It did do race duty this last weekend (minus the disc...)
The fat is stunning - I've never seen one with accutrax before.

....but what's the slingshot like to ride. Never seen one in the UK - but I was always intrigued by the idea. Do they have much lateral flex?
Can you jump them?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Rumpfy said:
Preference. I never liked water bottles or stuff hanging off my bike (but for some strange reason I don't mind it on my back) :rolleyes:
Anti-spandex buddy...I've got one vintage OnZa jersey that I never wear.
The t-shirt is very retro...should have doned the 501's and some work boots too! :p
But there is one key article missing - the Bell V1 Pro. You gotta have one of those laying around.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Classic Cunningham

I personally dont think of these as beautiful....... They are in their own way I guess. Its purely function over form all the way here, which is a look I like. But one of the coolest bikes nonetheless.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
Another Ritchey. I almost bid for this one but didnt know if I should with the pinkness. Its a beaut though. Painted by the Landshark guy John Slawta.
There were some beautiful Landsharks. You gotta love that step down ferrule system on the Ritchey. Oh, the days of that big, thick honkin' cable casing that fit into Magura and Tommaseli levers.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Gotta Love Fillet Brazing

Fillet-brazed said:
Another Ritchey. I almost bid for this one but didnt know if I should with the pinkness. Its a beaut though. Painted by the Landshark guy John Slawta.
Maybe its the extra work that goes into it just to make it beautiful or the way the clean look of the lug area

Man it sure is sweet. Good thing you didn't buy it though...

Look at the crap I got just for my lavender cables, could you imagine the uproar those grips would cause :p

I'd ride it in a second, in all its pink glory!!!

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
Fillet-brazed - are those kickstands bolted to the handlebars in place of brake levers! Gotta give someone else besides crconsulting a ration.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
I personally dont think of these as beautiful....... They are in their own way I guess. Its purely function over form all the way here, which is a look I like. But one of the coolest bikes nonetheless.
And the seat is in the right position! Lawdy them Cunningham's are purdy.

·
artistic...
7,620 Posts
Fillet-brazed said:
that's exactly why i think they are the most beautifull: function over form. cunningham's don't try to be cruisers, road bikes, bmx or anything. theu are mountain bikes. the mountain bike look exists mostly due to cunningham's view.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
Crell said:
....but what's the slingshot like to ride. Never seen one in the UK - but I was always intrigued by the idea. Do they have much lateral flex?
Can you jump them?
No real lateral flex, surprisingly enough. Single track and climbing are strong points for the bike.
Jumping them is a no, no. Not because they can't handle it (I like jumping and do it often), but because of the mid-frame flex...it feels a bit awkward upon take off and landing. Like an extra silent 'clunk'.

The fun part is having people freak out when they see it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Purple Haze

Intense68 said:
Thanks for the nomination, Scant. I'll take that as an excuse to post a couple more pics of the Purple Monster..... My nomination would be the early turqouise Yeti Fro posted in the Yeti thread.
all through my brain.

Theres a purple ringle seatpost on ebay right now that would make that ride more purple.... it's 27.2

sweet ride

·
Illuminati
1,730 Posts
eric, I dont know why the owner ripped off a fat ti by putting fat transfers on a dean ti. crell are you reading? its a dean not a fat!

intense68, I'm building a 1990 FRO that will look very like the 1 pictured in the yeti section ;)

I've never seen a cunningham in the flesh! does any1 in the UK have 1? if so can they bring it along to www.ssmm.co.uk (check my thread!)

ta

scant

21 - 40 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.