Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations? Any to avoid?

I know there are lots of road riding ones available, any good?

Does anyone make "spin class" type videos?

I used the search but didn't find any threads that looked useful.

In the process of setting up a trainer with TV, VHS & DVD but don't own any training videos.

Thanks!

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
I just try to find something as interesting as possible to take my mind off the task at hand. I know you are refering to cycling related video's but I have actually found that action movies or Western's make time go by much faster.

By "spin class" type video's are you referring to video's such as Spinervals?

·
Ex-Clydesdale
600 Posts
I usually watch a regular movie off my computer when I ride my rollers, and if I'm not doing a steady ride, I'll make up some sort of game. For example, if the movie's on tv, I'll ride steady, but floor it during the commercials. If I watch Army of Darkness, I'll do a 30 second sprint every time Bruce Campbell overacts (this can exhaust you). An action movie, sprint anytime something or someone blows up, gets shot, dies, etc. Keeps things interesting.

·
some kind of hero...
543 Posts
CraigH said:
Yup, my wife was doing spin classes last year and enjoyed them. Was just thinking that with a video & a trainer set up you could do them at home.

Anyone tried this?
If I'm doing a regular spin session (no intervals) I enjoy watching a mtb video. I have an old 24 hours of adrenalin one that I like. I've also put some mpegs together of single track rides and play them through my computer using windows media. For interval workouts I'm using the Train Right videos from Carmichael. Spinning solo is pretty boring at the best of times...

Cheers
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.