Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tear it all out!
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations? Any to avoid?

I know there are lots of road riding ones available, any good?

Does anyone make "spin class" type videos?

I used the search but didn't find any threads that looked useful.

In the process of setting up a trainer with TV, VHS & DVD but don't own any training videos.

Thanks!

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
I just try to find something as interesting as possible to take my mind off the task at hand. I know you are refering to cycling related video's but I have actually found that action movies or Western's make time go by much faster.

By "spin class" type video's are you referring to video's such as Spinervals?

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
It's pretty bad, I've got 10 Spinervals tapes and never even used them. A buddy of mine loaned them to me a few months ago. My cycling coach gives me pretty specific workout instructions so I figure I'm better off doing my training his way than to do it the way the video's tell me.

Note to self: Return videos asap so someone can get some use out of them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Try any of the paris/roubaix road races. No one can complain about riding a traing while whatching what those guys are going thru.

I also like the Giro's, and any of the other spring classics. The time has always flown by for me while watching road races while sitting on the trainer. My coach would loan me the video's and then quiz me on what this rider did wrong or that rider did right. So I learned alot of road tactics. Not that I ever remembered any when the adrenalin got flowing but I can remember more then once being off the front of some road race thinking "ooops"

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Hey! I need to get a set up like that! Looks like it could be a long cold winter here in the PNW. :(

I'd agree with those that have posted. A good action adventure, spring classic or targeted training video is all you need though I'd argue the first two are better for just getting some saddle time in. Unless you like feeling like you're in a spinning class. Then again I don't know what those spinerval video's are like. I've just seen the one that came with my Cyclops trainer about ten years ago. ;)

I know a lot of bike shops rent video's of races. They're sort of like their own spinning workouts. Just try to keep up with them!

If you can get your computer in front of your trainer check out the videos at: www.cycling.tv

They've got lots of road and mountain stuff on there.

Cheers!
-Ian

·
Registered
864 Posts
Off Road to Athens

released not that long ago. Waiting for my copy to arrive. I occasionally do the Spinerval "Big Gear Strength". I can tolerate it 1x week and feel that I get a good workout out of it and it makes time go by faster.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've seen the chris carmichael which are just like the spinervals which I have which keep you more focused. I just bought a tour de france video which should be good then i have a bunch of free ride videos like kranked.

·
Registered
485 Posts
tv shows

I have found that the best way to pass hours in the saddle indoors is by popping in a dvd of television shows. im making my way through friends right now. theyre out in seasons, so you can watch them in order.
ive lived without a tv for many years and HHHAAATTTEEE commercials. sitcoms are short, dumb, and easy to follow even if you miss something durring a short interval or something. its not like watching a movie where you have to follow a two+ hour storyline. when im on the trainer i want "lowest common denominator" entertainment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.