Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
cyclemaven.net
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a video of an area ride: Sullivan Canyon, going down.
It might be a little artsy for this arena. but I thought I'd share it here anyway. I hope to have captured the exhilaration and joy I feel when I ride. Even though they've plowed Sullivan Canyon, It is still a gorgeous ride, and still has plenty of places to jump. As you'll see, and hopefully feel, I took full advantage. I apologize for the occasional "Blair Witch Project" effect; I'm on a single speed so sometimes I really had to pump to keep things moving.
Music: Star Guitar by Chemical Brothers

·
Blue Pig
1,553 Posts
I enjoyed it. The music blended in well with the video as well unlike others... but you wont tell anyone, right? ;) It was noticeable that you rode a single speed... slowly > slow > fast > faster > HUFF AND PUFF pedaling was happening! :p

Good job!

·
cyclemaven.net
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Technically, it's a road...

Sullivan Canyon, located in Los Angeles, is actually own by Water and Power. They built a dirt fireroad so that they could keep the waterpipes in the canyon functional. When they don't function well, water in the canyon gets backed up, and can cause flooding in the lowlands. They hadn't bulldozed it in a long time, so at one point it became a wild fun singletrack.
However all good things must come to an end. They bulldozed again in November/ December. They are within their rights to do so, as it is their land, and it is a safety issue. But generally, the land ends up being an open space playground for hikers and bikers, and is a wonderful place to be. In a year or two, it will probably go back to being singletrack as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Cool video! Sullivan is so fun to ride and it looks fun even after the "plow." I don't remember the waffle-things across the wash areas, are those new since they dozed?

Nice tune selection too ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.