Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scorchcam video (22MB) (right-click and save)

This is just a silly bulletcam video captured from my Merlin scorcher as I ride from the driveway to my local "proving grounds" for new bike builds.

Camera-ed up, the bike looks like this and is geared at 44:16 which is ideal for street riding but a little tall for some of the climbing (which doesn't really manifest itself in the video due to the low position of the bulletcam).

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
Ugh. Dizzy watching this with the Arrogant Bastard.....

And I thought my Mary and Fleegle bars were wierd. :D

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dRjOn said:
cool. barends on the stays? if so did you just prise the clamp open? ti fork? brand? sweet...
Heheh. Yeah - they're two titanium bar-ends. The clamp on the chainstay one was heavily cut away so that it expands easily for mounting. As it turns out, that mounting location is too stressful for the bulletcam. Everytime I hit a harsh bump or did a bunnyhop the video cut out. :( I didn't have that problem at all with the mount on my cyclocross bike.

Fork is titanium... and I don't really know the manufacturer anymore (if I ever did). It looks like Litespeed work, but the tapering is sort of too advanced for them so who knows.

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
lanpope said:
Me thinks that was a skid...

LP
Methinks you would be correct. :D

On the road with slicks and bullhorn bars I can pull off some pretty nice skids (that would probably blow right through the tire if I kept it up) but the fatter tires and far-back hand positions of these bars made it pretty hard to do any skidding at all. That was about all I could muster in the video.

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
2,262 Posts
I just really love the look of that bike. Was really blown away the first time I saw an Ibis Scorcher. How sacriligeous would it be to build something up that look similar but with a freewheel and brakes...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Wow! You can sure spin like a mad man...what is that about 450 R.P.M.?

seriously, that is a unique looking bike. Nice to see something that is different, without looking like someone is TRYING to look different (if you know what I mean).

What type of camera is that, how much, how good is it for regular trail riding, slowmotion etc? I am in the market for such an item....what something nice but not REALLY nice ($$).

Great mount, and great location of camera for a fixie! Thanks for the fun!

·
Armor by Band-Aid
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
unit said:
Wow! You can sure spin like a mad man...what is that about 450 R.P.M.?

seriously, that is a unique looking bike. Nice to see something that is different, without looking like someone is TRYING to look different (if you know what I mean).

What type of camera is that, how much, how good is it for regular trail riding, slowmotion etc? I am in the market for such an item....what something nice but not REALLY nice ($$).

Great mount, and great location of camera for a fixie! Thanks for the fun!
Some setup info on the bulletcam and recorder was in my cyclocross video thread:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=1950766&mode=threaded#post1950766

The bulletcam is great, but you would probably want to get a cheap camcorder with an analog video input instead of the recorder I'm using as it's very limited with regards to recording features.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.