Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another video from my Utah and Colorado Roadtrip back in May. Porcupine Rim was day three of the trip. I had heard lots about this trail and it certainly did not disappoint. The weather was not the best for shooting video as it was deeply overcast off and on for most of the day before a downpour set in just seconds after we completed the ride. Even with the sun only showing itself here and there, the place was still visually stunning. I'll just have to go back and see it in better weather

Right Click here to download the 8 minute video that will set your hardrive back 109MB.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Thanks for quality video Bill!

·
EDR
10,496 Posts
Thanks for the specifics of finding UPS on your blog. I want to go back soon to ride from the La Sal's down but I had read that due to the elevation it's generally only rideable from the top in late July and August, into early September. Maybe a trip a little sooner is possible. I'll have to check out the vid at home, the work laptop is too slow for big vid D/L's.

·
Registered
457 Posts
wow, i think i have found where i would love to go on a vacation... of course after showing my wife her comment was 'to hell with that!' .. so looks like it would be one of those solo trecks ...

course i would be scared of some of those ledges and such ...

but again wow... thanks for the footage.

·
Want Smiley Sauce w/that?
530 Posts
Your pics are wonderful. The whole layout is beautiful. This is exactly the kind of layout I've been wanting to use for an "on the road" blog. I've seen a few sites similar to this. What software do you use to create them? I don't know anything about java but have done some basic text editing/ web design. Whatever you're willing to share, I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wow!!

That is a GREAT Video! I watched it and then watched it again. I can't imagine riding there. I felt sick just watching. One wrong move and goodbye. It is a beautiful place though and must be something to ride there. You did an outstanding job putting that video together and really liked the music that went along with it. Keep those coming.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Linoleum Knife
3,323 Posts
That soundtrack makes Porkie seem a lot more mellow than it did last time I rode it. Delerium is more twisty, shady, treed Colorado singletrack.

I usually crank some Static-X or Ministry on the DH. :)

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
brado1 said:
Nice Bill! well done

though that has "vacation forum" written all over it! or at least "video forum" all over it :p

thnx for sharin'
Ah this is just local loop stuff :) Besides the posting guidelines say you should never post in more than two forums. I already crossposted in the Videos forum so I would not want to be a "rule breaker". I also wanted to post in the Sedimentary Geology Enthusiast forum. Then again the second scene of video was me looking down at my fork so I thought the Shocks and Suspension forum would work as well. You know I was riding an Instense bike, but my buddy was on a Yeti, and they are both really light bikes,..And my favorite color is blue!...... :D

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cannesdo said:
Your pics are wonderful. The whole layout is beautiful. This is exactly the kind of layout I've been wanting to use for an "on the road" blog. I've seen a few sites similar to this. What software do you use to create them? I don't know anything about java but have done some basic text editing/ web design. Whatever you're willing to share, I'd be grateful.
Most of the site is based on a CSS/XHTML framework from Ruthsarian Layouts. (You'll have to google it) I modified the snot of it so that for the most part only horizonal nav bar is the only thing I really did not tweak much. Once I had the basic template done, I set it up for use with Dreamweaver to manage site-wide changes. There is also some javascript in the site as well (left nav menu, lightbox feature). Most of that stuff is just plugged in/adapted from open source places.The blog portion of the site runs off of the Wordpress engine, with a highly modified version of the "Hope" theme.

There are easier open source packages out there like Joolma and Drupal to use, but I wanted more exacting control over the site.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.