Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Follow along as Lance Canfield takes the world's first
CBF™ downhill bike for a casual pedal on some of Grand Junction's most iconic terrain including the Ribbon Trail and Free Lunch. Yes, we used "downhill bike" and "pedal" in the same sentence.

By default, the ONE.2 is a 29-inch downhill bike with 203-millimeters of travel. But thanks to the ultra-efficient patented CBF™ suspension and upright riding position, it can be set up to earn its turns. Rear travel can be reduced to 190 millimeters by short-stroking the shock. Pair it with a single-crown fork, dropper post and wide-range cassette, and you’ve got a pedal-able "super enduro" machine that’s part monster truck, part billy goat.

Can your DH bike do this?

See more of the ONE.2 Super Enduro: https://canfieldbikes.com/blogs/news/video-canfield-one-2-super-enduro

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

Got ride with lance last Wednesday on free lunch. My first time out west. Absolute blast riding with him and watching him ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Those drops are huge,camera doesn't do it justice. Lance has skills! Wish I was in the western slopes now. In the meantime, I'll just be shredding my Canfield on my local trails. Awesome video guys.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice, I'm glad to have one on order will make it climb with 190mm travel coil rear and light-ish dual crown. It will run in DH mode 200mm rear as well. I hope to avoid changing fork from SC to DC and just minimize DC axle to crown instead, but still run 200m up front 29". I only plan to change out rear shocks.

I will experiment with mullet and single front offset bushing to prevent overly slack bike, that still has with extremely wide gearing single ring.

I am thoroughly enjoying the Balance, this thing makes me think based off the balance that it will be a unique DH bike that will do what it claims... climb.
I unfortunately may not be able to build it up until next season, due to funds I need with still 1.5-2 grand in parts.

·
Trail Ninja
6,040 Posts
Does this bike happen to pass the parking lot test, by chance?

I know susp shouldn't be judged by parking lot tests, but rather by how they work on the trail, but I'm curious since I know people still are influenced by it. Wondering if modern geo helps solve the problem with a more centered position, along with CBF. I really wish I can tell people that things have changed, and not be afraid of such stereotypes about long travel compromising on pedaling so much. Doesn't help that so many videos show riders push and shuttling, rather than riding up.

Doesn't help that bikes such as the Megatower, Spec Enduro, Pole Stamina, and whatnot have stretched what Enduro bikes are, so this might not even be seen as a DH bike, compared to something like the Jedi.

·
Canfield Bikes
1,121 Posts
I've spent a bit of time on it climbing. I've taken it on the Whole Enchilada, Palisade Plunge and a few other trails all with over 1000' of climbing. The One.2 pedals and rides very much like a Balance. The biggest difference with having such long travel, the parts tend to be a little heavier and I can feel that. With a carefully selected build, I can see riding this just about anywhere. Obviously the rougher the terrain, the more you'll notice how well this bike smooths out the nasty stuff while the CBF keeps all your pedaling effort moving you forward.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've been eyeballing the One.2 for a future bike. Love my 2017 Balance and trying to decide what to get in the future. I know it will be another Canfield, but which one? The skull gusset is a work of art!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Follow along as Lance Canfield takes the world's first CBF™ downhill bike for a casual pedal on some of Grand Junction's most iconic terrain including the Ribbon Trail and Free Lunch. Yes, we used "downhill bike" and "pedal" in the same sentence.

By default, the ONE.2 is a 29-inch downhill bike with 203-millimeters of travel. But thanks to the ultra-efficient patented CBF™ suspension and upright riding position, it can be set up to earn its turns. Rear travel can be reduced to 190 millimeters by short-stroking the shock. Pair it with a single-crown fork, dropper post and wide-range cassette, and you’ve got a pedal-able "super enduro" machine that’s part monster truck, part billy goat.
Can your DH bike do this?

See more of the ONE.2 Super Enduro: VIDEO: Canfield ONE.2 'Super Enduro'
Any chance of a full list of components on this build?
Size of frame?
Final build weight?

I'm seriously thinking of making this my ONE bike.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Size 2 frame.

There are different parts on it now, but as featured in the video it was probably around 36 pounds. You can definitely build it lighter, we were just trying to get the build together ASAP with what we had available at the time and get it rideable.

Fox 38 fork (currently RS Zeb 190mm)
Fox DHX2 shock (currently EXT Storia)
Magura MT7 brakes
SRAM NX 12-spd drivetrain
Canfield cranks/chainring/pedals
Spank bar/stem
Atomik Carbon DH35 wheels (was mullet in video w/170mm fork. Currently 29er front and rear w/ 190mm fork).
SDG Tellis Dropper

Size of frame?
Final build weight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Size 2 frame.

There are different parts on it now, but as featured in the video it was probably around 36 pounds. You can definitely build it lighter, we were just trying to get the build together ASAP with what we had available at the time and get it rideable.

Fox 38 fork (currently RS Zeb 190mm)
Fox DHX2 shock (currently EXT Storia)
Magura MT7 brakes
SRAM NX 12-spd drivetrain
Canfield cranks/chainring/pedals
Spank bar/stem
Atomik Carbon DH35 wheels (was mullet in video w/170mm fork. Currently 29er front and rear w/ 190mm fork).
SDG Tellis Dropper

View attachment 1906880
View attachment 1906881
Thank you for the quick reply.

Be in touch very soon!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Size of frame?
Final build weight?

Size of frame?
Final build weight?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Be in touch very soon!!!
You’re going to love it. If you only have 1 bike, this should be it. I have 2 Balances and still want this One.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts