Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kayaking on Saturday morning, but with it being the last sunny day for a while, I decided to hit Newberry late in the day and test out the G10's stabilization with HyperSmooth 4.0. I had HyperSmooth set to "high" opposed to its max setting of "boost".
To me, it appears like the real deal, and I won't be needing a Feiyu-tech gimbal anymore. Here's a sample of some footage I took. The video will render in 4K so bump your YouTube resolution to about 1440P. HyperSmooth 4.0 ... and I did about wash that front tire in that turn at :09

Camera settings: 4K, 30fps, stabilization: high, EVO -1.0, ISO 100-400, bitrate: high - Video rendered with Vegas Pro 19

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As always for me the real test is low light. Kind of like the last thirty seconds of your clip but with thicker tree cover on singletrack.
Seems to work acceptably with average, partially canopied light and certainly an improvement over at least version 2 (I never owned 3). I expect the performance to degrade considerably in low-light.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,032 Posts
Sweet, I'll wait till they come out with the 13 and then buy the 10 for $129.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Sweet, I'll wait till they come out with the 13 and then buy the 10 for $129.
I don't mind buying the latest product if it is noticeable upgrade over the old one. I have a Session, Five Black and Seven Black. I love the form factor of the Session and my partner has the Session Five but we're unlikely to see them again soon. The Seven was a big leap up in digital stabilization over the Five, which I really didn't use much at all in the end.

The Eight and Nine didn't interest me as they changed the actual form factor, and the Eight didn't have a replaceable lens. I've become more fond of using my mirrorless camera, like a lot of people, I wind up with too many minutes of boring POV footage from my GoPro!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.