Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a link the video I made of my ride on Amasa Back (Moab) today. Make sure your speakers are cranked, cause the soundtrack (Coheed and Cambria - Ten Speed of God's Blood and Burial) is rockin. I give you "Rockin Descents Vol. 1: Amasa Back" (now deinterlaced):

http://www.vimeo.com/clip:132272

My buddy Max bailed on me, so it was just me riding today. Gotta say, he missed out big! The weather in Moab was down right heavenly compared to what we have been getting on the Western Slope. The Amasa Back ride usually takes me about an hour or so, but today it took about 5 cause I had to ride every section twice on the downhill. First I had to ride down and set up the camera, then I had to run up and bomb down. Watch the 5-Spot tame the gnar-gnar! All shots in the video are normal speed, cause slow motion is stupid!

·
Cannondale Snob
715 Posts
Loved the tunes and thought the video was nice too. Out of curiosity, have you ever biked up and down Lion's Back, or is that strictly an OHV thing?

Actually, after watching this I'm pretty sure it's just an OHV thing:

EDIT: it's better without volume so you don't have to listen to the tool who's filming and doing commentary

·
Registered
251 Posts
RiskEverything said:
Loved the tunes and thought the video was nice too. Out of curiosity, have you ever biked up and down Lion's Back, or is that strictly an OHV thing?

Actually, after watching this I'm pretty sure it's just an OHV thing:

EDIT: it's better without volume so you don't have to listen to the tool who's filming and doing commentary
The tool who's filming is a dumb yuppy that rented a Jeep for a weekend, he's as much of a biatch in the rest of his movies. Lion's Back isn't really specific to anything, but if you wanted to do it on a bike you would for sure be putting up with alot of truck traffic. Kind of a moot point now that the land it's on has sold and will be used for high end housing and condo's with the Back as scenery. :madman:

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Pros: Nice clear, widescreen production

Cons: Nothing major really. just seems a little repetitive to watch the full video.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Nice video:thumbsup: Nothing like going up every downhill to set up the cam (not that I've done that)

I will be in Moab the first week of June. Will a 100oz camelbak and another waterbottle be enough?

I have rode Porc Rim, Flat Pass, Slickrock, and the Portal Trail (almost cleaned it). Is Amasa Back more technical?

·
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A 100oz bladder should be fine for a couple hours in June. I think the key is regulating your water cunsumption, so you don't suck it all down too early. It helps me if I put some nasty electrolyte stuff in there so it tastes bad, then I drink enough, but I don't run out.

I don't think Amasa Back is more technical than some of those trails. It's kinda like the Porc doubletrack. More technical than Slickrock? I dunno, Slickrock requires some odd technical skills. Amasa Back is ledgy/loose stuff with a couple slickrock sections.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.